Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BPM Closing

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

No suitable units would be my main guess thinking of most HMV layouts

One place i can think of is that has the space but in the wrong location is where TK Maxx was in the Butlerstown Retail Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

STIG83 wrote: »
    One place i can think of is that has the space but in the wrong location is where TK Maxx was in the Butlerstown Retail Park.

They'd never be allowed I'd imagine. Council would wand a big place like that in the city centre.

Perfect place I'm sure would be beside the new tk maxx in the place where that big centra was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

ziedth wrote: »
    They'd never be allowed I'd imagine. Council would wand a big place like that in the city centre.

Perfect place I'm sure would be beside the new tk maxx in the place where that big centra was.

if they really wanted to open one they would find the right place no bother.

but like has been said, they are in serious money problems also, and BPM has been haemoraging money so to replace them would just be stupidity IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Im sure Golden Discs are struggling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

STIG83 wrote: »
    Im sure Golden Discs are struggling too.

everyone is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Nolanger wrote: »
    What Waterford City needs is a one-day record/CD fair every few months in a city centre sports hall.

This is a brilliant idea!
    Any entrepreneurial heads out there willing to make this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Sad to see another chain go. Only a few weeks ago the "Roxy Records" chain (Cork, Tralee, Clonmel, Ennis etc.) went under.

Heartbeat City in the midlands have started accepting and trading in second hand CD's now (don't think they did this before?), which could probably be interpreted as a sign of desperation on their part. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the next to go.

Golden Discs are bound to be struggling now as well, but competitors like Roxy and BPM closing will probably buy them another year or two.

I can see Tower Records in Dublin (and their website) soon becoming the main hub for anyone who wants to buy physical product by Irish bands, as there probably won't be anywhere else left to get them.

Advertisement