Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus - SOCOM 4 beta

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

I've been thinking about going for a PSPlus subscription because the beta for SOCOM 4 should be out for European Plus subscribers later this month.

Just wanted to ask Boardsies who've gone for it if they think it's worthwhile or if there's been any issues.

I've bought stuff off the PSN store, but not regularly enough for the Plus discount to make sense. Also, the 60 minutes period of 'try before you buy' isn't too appealing either if it's only for downloads of full PS3 titles - I'd spend longer downloading something than playing it. But maybe I'm missing an upside to the service.

I'm sure I'll be getting it for SOCOM anyway, but I dunno whether to bide my time for the fortnight before it's released or spend the PSN credit now and be done with it.

Also, the PSN Store says a 90 day PSPlus subscription is automatically renewing - has anyone had any issues if they had to cancel it?

Lastly, is there any hype among Boardsies for the new SOCOM?

SOCOM purists seem disappointed it'll take too much influence from MAG, but that shouldn't be a bad thing - they're both games that improve immeasurably because of the focus on communication and tactical play among regular teammates.

But on the flip side, while it can be heart-pounding, the ratio of kills to minutes played is much lower than other shooters.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just an fyi, there is a PS+ thread on the Playstation forum, here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055942087.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Personally I like it. I'll renew my yearly sub when its up anyway. I don't get to play games that often but I love the variety of games I've gotten from Plus, especially games I'd never have gotten otherwise. I reckon for 50 quid for a year of games is pretty good, I've saved money on it anyway.

You do get bad months every now and again but the good months make up for it :)

Advertisement