Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

youtube

• 04-03-2011 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

when trying to play utube videos i can only get sound and no picture
    how can i fix this ,or can it be fixed
    Cheers Anto :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

What computer, operating system or device are you trying to play them on?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭tony melia

it,s a desktop compaq presario with windows xp .As far as i can remember it was playing utube up to a week ago ,now all of a sudden no picture just sound..
    ANTO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Have you tried to watch the videos in a different web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome)?

Also try to uninstall and then download and reinstall Flash.

(In Add/Remove programs).

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Downloaded flash player still no picture on you tube .every thing working perfect except videos on you tube .If i look at a youtube video on dublin.net forum it plays ok :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

What browser are you using? Is it Internet Explorer and if so what version of it? get this by clicking on 'Help' and then 'About internet Explorer'.

If its less than IE 7 then you may need to upgrade, do this by googling (its a word dammit) Internet Explorer and downloading/ installing the latest version (8, or 9 beta if feeling brave).

Here i did it for you :0

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

• Advertisement

What browser are you using? Is it Internet Explorer and if so what version of it? get this by clicking on 'Help' and then 'About internet Explorer'.

If its less than IE 7 then you may need to upgrade, do this by googling (its a word dammit) Internet Explorer and downloading/ installing the latest version (8, or 9 beta if feeling brave).

Here i did it for you :0

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx
    done all that .still not working ,slowly heading towards the bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

tony melia wrote: »
    Downloaded flash player still no picture on you tube .every thing working perfect except videos on you tube .If i look at a youtube video on dublin.net forum it plays ok :confused::confused::confused:

Sounds like a problem with Youtube and not your browser.

Mine is working fine on FireFox Beta4. Could you try that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

very strange...the same thing started happening to me a few weeks ago using Safari on a Mac. Youtube was working fine one day, then suddenly it won't play videos anymore, doesn't play sound either though. Embedded youtube videos on other sites work fine, but not from youtube itself. And all flash content on other sites works fine too.

I switched over to Chrome and all is fine using that, so would definitely be worth trying a different browser. Its not ideal obviously, but you could just use it for Youtube if needs be.

tried to down load adobe flash player ,wont download this is the message coming on screen ....installing will automaticly continue when these conflicting applications are closed.
    (mozilla firefox)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

try firefox browser ,or update the graphics card driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tony, that "conflicting apps" message is normal. It just needs to install something in the "system files" of firefox, which firefox are accessing while its open, so you just need to close it while the install is happening.

regarding the problem,
    Long shot but it possible it could be some mix up between Youtube going to HTML5 videos, from flash.
    If you right click the video does it give you the usual "Adobe Flash" dialog?

But ye, just stop using IE and go to Firefox or Chrome.
    FYI, Chrome is the best for security if you're doing any internet banking.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Tony, that "conflicting apps" message is normal. It just needs to install something in the "system files" of firefox, which firefox are accessing while its open, so you just need to close it while the install is happening.

regarding the problem,
    Long shot but it possible it could be some mix up between Youtube going to HTML5 videos, from flash.
    If you right click the video does it give you the usual "Adobe Flash" dialog?

But ye, just stop using IE and go to Firefox or Chrome.
    FYI, Chrome is the best for security if you're doing any internet banking.
    Have tried ..chrome.. firefox ..ie 8 ,still not working . if i close browser ,down load stops . youtube is now telling me on video i need adobe flash to see it .Somehow i can,t seem to be able to download adobe flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

This problem seems to be related to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. A few days ago I responded to a prompt to download it and since then I have not been able to view YouTube videos. All I receive is a black screen and the soundtrack.

Unfortunately replacing it with an older version of the Flash Palyer does not work either.

I gather Adobe are trying to fix this but apparently it has been a problem for about a week now.

I am using IE 8 and Windows XP.

This problem seems to be related to the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. A few days ago I responded to a prompt to download it and since then I have not been able to view YouTube videos. All I receive is a black screen and the soundtrack.

Unfortunately replacing it with an older version of the Flash Palyer does not work either.

I gather Adobe are trying to fix this but apparently it has been a problem for about a week now.

I am using IE 8 and Windows XP.
    Now that i think of it ,this only happened since i was given the option of downloading newer version of adobe player .Just have to wait till they fix it,, thankyou all for your help . just to update tried again about 17 .30 seems to be working ok ,all i remember doing is going into (add remove programmes) and removing flash player, what ever happened it seems to working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Since Friday, many Linux users have been getting a red/pink tint on YouTube videos. The cause seems to be a combination of Flash 10.2, a recent YouTube change and the users graphics cards and seems to be browser-independent (can occur in Firefox 3.x, Firefox 4 beta as well as Chrome / Chromium).

Blocking YouTube cookies works around the problem on the affected computer here. It may also help in Windows?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you tried the HTML5 version of Youtube?
    http://www.youtube.com/html5

Eliminate Flash from the equation.

Advertisement