Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariff Island/Puffin Island...

Options
  • 04-03-2011 11:00am

...is it possible to land on either?

And if possible, does any person head out there? Doeas anyone have animals on either, or is there any fish farm that might bring boats in and out?

I know Puffin Island is owned by Birdwatching Ireland, and there are restrictions on staying there overnight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

you can land on the north of scarriff but it is a very tricky landing. There is basically two eyelets drilled into a rockface that you can tie onto.
    Try http://www.skelligboats.com/ they do diving trips to scariff quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Conor,

Mountainviews might be doing a trip out to Puffin Island later in the year. Wicklore has been looking into it. If you contact him through the member's message service he can fill you in on the details.

Thanks for info. Will get on to wicklore. That's the very reason I was thinking of ways to get out there. You getting out and about much since family expansion?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dbloke

Just started heading out again in the last couple of weeks! Was in Dublin last weekend for the WAI/MV talks. Bagged a couple of county tops and did a walk in Wicklow with Simon and Jackill. Training for the next Scavvy!

Was out on Reeks a lot recently. Thinking of doing Knockmoyle to Coomcallee and on to Castlecove or Caherdaniel tomorrow. If you fancy a trek in South Kerry any time, let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement