Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Gravel what to use as an underlay? Black bags are rubbish ! pardon the pun

• 04-03-2011 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I have been doing some green fingered work in my garden and a problem i have ran into is the following,
    Im sectioning off areas of garden and laying black bags and pouring gravel on top.

Problem with this method

Number 1: Water pools in these areas and cant sink down into the earth. So when the water finally drains after a while im left with algae green gravel.

Number 2: Cut some drain holes through the black bags to drain the water. Kinda works but then weeds burst up though the openings.

Number 3: Some older sections from 2 years ago the black bags are starting to degrade and literally falling apart.

Is there a Semi Permeable Cloth you can get to allow drainage but to STOP weeds and grass growing through that last a long time? Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement