Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postcard Photo competition

• 04-03-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right thread to put this on - John Creedon? (RTE Radio One 9 - 10 a.m weekdays) has a photography competition starting today. Prize is for your photograph to be issued as a postcard nationally and two runner up prizes for photograph to be issued as a limited edition postcard. All details are available on the website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Thanx for correcting me and for putting up the website - I don't listen to his show - so hadn't a clue who he was only that his name John and he was on RTE1. I hope somebody here wins - Good luck everbody. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Let me get this clear ..... your prize is to give John Hinde the rights to your image, so they can profit from it and you get a warm feeling in the gusset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

CabanSail wrote: »
    Let me get this clear ..... your prize is to give John Hinde the rights to your image, so they can profit from it and you get a warm feeling in the gusset?

Don't think so, from the RTE site:
    You HAVE to be an amateur photographer, so professionals need not apply!!
    And your photograph CANNOT have been previously published!
    ONE picture per person.
    The competition closes on Wednesday March 23rd so you have a week and a half! John Hinde’s people will pick ONE winner which will see their card go into complete John Hinde distribution with appropriate royalties. And two runners up will have their pictures made into a limited edition postcard, available in all cities. We will announce the winner here on show on Friday March 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

"John Hinde’s people will pick ONE winner which will see their card go into complete John Hinde distribution with appropriate royalties"

What would the appropriate royalties be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

You HAVE to be an amateur photographer, so professionals need not apply!!
    And your photograph CANNOT have been previously published!
    ONE picture per person.

from the "rules"
    John Hinde’s people will pick ONE winner which will see their card go into complete John Hinde distribution with appropriate royalties
    appropriate royalties for whom ... john hinde ...or the person who took the image.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Missed the bit about appropriate royalties. I wonder how much that is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Missed the bit about appropriate royalties. I wonder how much that is?

The minimum he can get away with, I'd say... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Theres a free gusset to the winner? sign me up! :pac:

usual stuff you might get some money out of it too.

I'm thinking of photographing a donkey and really maxing out the saturation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 gone2themoon

colblimp wrote: »
    The minimum he can get away with, I'd say... :rolleyes:
    He's dead....1998.
    Not getting away with much these days....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jim mccann

who won the photo prize

Advertisement