Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 Application - Provide Health Insurance

Options
  • 04-03-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey chaps,

My 457 application has finally been approved and I'm just in the middle of filling out the 20 page online form for my visa and right on the last bloody page it is asking me to attach evidence of my health insurance. Though I am confused with this part. What do I need to do here?.

"If you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia, you may be eligible to access Medicare. For further information you should refer to the Medicare Australia website."

So basically I sign myself and the missus up for Medicare and then complete the application?. Is Medicare free for us?.

Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Feelgood wrote: »
    Hey chaps,

My 457 application has finally been approved and I'm just in the middle of filling out the 20 page online form for my visa and right on the last bloody page it is asking me to attach evidence of my health insurance. Though I am confused with this part. What do I need to do here?.

"If you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia, you may be eligible to access Medicare. For further information you should refer to the Medicare Australia website."

So basically I sign myself and the missus up for Medicare and then complete the application?. Is Medicare free for us?.

Any info would be much appreciated. :)

Was a whole thread on it before sometime before xmas

Found it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056083596

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Cheers mate, was too lazy to look!.

Found that thread on Medicare, Mods if you wanna close this off belt away. My apologies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement