Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a decent fry in D15??

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Who does the best fry up in the area? Tried Dunnes in the Centre the other week, was ok but slightly over priced!

Any suggestions? I'm starving! :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

It's not D15 but boy is worth the journey. Couldn't recommend Clarke's Bakery on Cabra Rd (on the way to Phibsbourough) enough.

None better! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart village is very good.

You will find them on FB too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Roundabout cafe in Mulhuddart Community Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

12th Lock does a good brekkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Place on the corner of coolmine industrial estate does a good fry up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    It's not D15 but boy is worth the journey. Couldn't recommend Clarke's Bakery on Cabra Rd (on the way to Phibsbourough) enough.

None better! :)

I havent been there in a good while but its the best brekkie ive had , i think the fried soda bread swung it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

manster wrote: »
    Place on the corner of coolmine industrial estate does a good fry up.

Is this still open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Cafe in blanchardstown village beside the jd brownes steakhouse do a decent enough fry, but their eggs benedict is very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

the crowne plaza hotel at the blanch centre does a great buffet fry breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Random wrote: »
    the crowne plaza hotel at the blanch centre does a great buffet fry breakfast.

I never thought of there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I see the Clonsilla Inn are advertising a fry for €5 Mon-Fri between 10am and 12pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

+1 on the 12th Lock, very good fry there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Kay's kitchen in the centre does a good breakfast but I'd say for a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Cafe in blanchardstown village beside the jd brownes steakhouse do a decent enough fry, but their eggs benedict is very tasty.

The Amber Cafe - tis tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

I find The Hungry Monkey a tad on the greasy side. Not in D15 but Marino, Brams. Scromptious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 universeo

Do they do a good fry in the clubhouse at Elmgreen golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Monkey is a bit greasy and sometimes the stuff can be a bit overdone but most of the time it hits the spot very nicely! One of things I miss from Ireland along with Gulios paddy burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

The restaurant or food diner at The Travel Lodge at the Castleknock roundabout on the Navan Road do a fab fry up-highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

The restaurant or food diner at The Travel Lodge at the Castleknock roundabout on the Navan Road do a fab fry up-highly recommend it!
    how much for the breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

horse7 wrote: »
    how much for the breakfast

I went there once and while the food and service was good, I think it cost €11.95 for a standard fry (the most expensive I've had anywhere). That was a couple of years ago so they might have more recession friendly prices now.

Believe it or not Eddie Rockets do good frys for about 7.95 (i think they call it the Biker Breakfast) but the annoying thing with the Blanch SC diner is that it only opens at noon so unless you are having a late breakfast, it's not really an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

py2006 wrote: »
    I see the Clonsilla Inn are advertising a fry for €5 Mon-Fri between 10am and 12pm!

Quite a nice feed first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Naos wrote: »
    The Amber Cafe - tis tasty.

It is tasty but I find the waitress there quite rude. Just walks around with a miserable face on her. Have mentioned it to others and they agree, so its not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I am off down to the Amber Cafe now, it better be good lads! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Arciphel wrote: »
    I am off down to the Amber Cafe now, it better be good lads! :D

Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

One word - MASSIVE.

Three of us went down, between us we had french toast with banana and nutella, full irish breakfast and the eggs benedict. All lovely. Prices very reasonable too, we will be going back. Whoever said about the waitress in there having a face on her was 100% accurate as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭HPT

The food in Amber is nice but the service there is rarely friendly. Requesting a change to the breakfast usually results in a roll of the eyes.
    The only reason I'd go back is for the convenience and the quality of the food.

I'd highly recommend The Halfway House on the Navan Road. They do a kind of carvery breakfast so there's no waiting and you can make as many changes as you like. Lovely food, especially the sausages and hashbrowns. You can also get fried eggs AND scrambled eggs without the drama you get in Amber! :rolleyes:

Their large breakfast is reasonably priced too and even though it's in a pub/restaurant you can get a 500ml bottle of coke or whatever for €1.50 or €2.00, can't remember. Better than normal pub prices for soft drink anyway.

I've been to Hungry Monkey once or twice, I would agree with the greasyness but the only reason I wouldn't be in a hurry back is due to the lack of hashbrowns. They are essential IMO. :)

Now I know it's not Dublin 15, but Fidelmas in Dunshaughlin is worth the drive if you're looking for sheer quantity! Food quality varies but with all the tea, brown bread and toast you want it's great value for money. Changes to the menu breakfast aren't a problem at all there either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

HPT wrote: »
    The food in Amber is nice but .....

HPT I've edited out the part where you've very clearly identified someone and said some not nice things about them. I'm not suggesting you are wrong in your opinion, it's just you are potentially leaving yourself open to legal action if they happened to read your remarks.

Gaspode wrote: »
    HPT I've edited out the part where you've very clearly identified someone and said some not nice things about them. I'm not suggesting you are wrong in your opinion, it's just you are potentially leaving yourself open to legal action if they happened to read your remarks.

Gaspode, thank you for spotting that. Much appreciated.

It was incorrect however to replace my comment with "a waitress I don't like". I don't know the staff there or dislike any of them. I believe the updated post is a fairer one and far less likely to result in legal action. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 78 ✭✭minttea

Is the Amber Cafe open on Sunday mornings?

• Advertisement

minttea wrote: »
    Is the Amber Cafe open on Sunday mornings?

Tis! Not sure how early but I've been there on a Sunday morning... I think. :-)

Advertisement