Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After installing ram the screen isn't recieveing a signal

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I put new ram into my pc last night i've done this before with other computers but now the screen is showing that there is no signal, I changed the ram and put the old one back in but the problem persists can anybody help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 InquiringMind

Re-seat the graphics card (assuming you are not using onboard vga). You may have moved it a bit when installing the ram. It's worth a try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pulsar106

How do i reseat the graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Re-seat the graphics card (assuming you are not using onboard vga). You may have moved it a bit when installing the ram. It's worth a try anyway.

if it is an onboard vga whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

try clearing the cmos or pulling out the cmos battery for 5mins can u also list your pc specs and the new ram u bought cheers

• Advertisement

The computer is a Prestigio with an AMD 64 Athlon, the memory was from crucial and it was 4gb

can u also list the ram cheers

It's two 2gb of Ram so 4gb total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

does the computer have a motherboard speaker? Can you hear any beeps when it starts up?

Yes it has a speaker and no beeps I've put the old memory in again but it still isn't working

• Advertisement

did you do what i said anout clearing the cmos

Yes I tried that but still not working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Was the PC turned off at the mains plug at the wall?

Just because the PC is shut down doesn't mean that the power supply is switched off, it needs to be turned off at the switch on the power supply or at the wall if no switch on power supply

Yeap everything was plugged out

Advertisement