Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair to Oris Watch

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I have an Oris watch on which the winder has broken recently. I purchased the watch in the states and its no longer under warranty. From my own research Oris warranty seen to be based in the UK. I am just wondering if anyone could recommend someone in Dublin who would be in a position to carry out a repair. If possible I was trying to avoid the approcimate 12 week turnaround for repairs in the UK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

You could just take it into any large jeweller like Weirs or possibly Ernest Jones for repair. Oris use standard ETA movements so the parts required should be easily available. Ask them how much it will cost before you get it done though - I'd expect it to be around €100 or something like that, but make sure you don't get a nasty shock when you collect it. You could also try Dawson Jewellers on Dawson St. - see who will do it for the least money, and treat yourself to nice dinner on the difference that you save :)

Advertisement