Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for runners suitable for underpronation and flat feet

• 04-03-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

im looking for runners suitable for underpronation and flat feet

i did a search on runnersworld shoe finder and it recommended these cushioned shoes
    brooks defyance 4
    nike air pegasus 26 and 27
    asics gel nimbuss 11 and 12
    nb 730 758 and 759

my problem is most of these seem suitable for people with normal or high arches

just wondering has anyone here the same foot type and what would they recommend and where to buy. i checked elverys online but they dont stock the ones recommended by the finder apart from the asics gel nimbuss which are 125euro.

am hoping to get something around 50-60euro. is that unrealistic?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

First thing id ask you is how do you know you under pronate?
    Have you ever had a gait analysis or is this self diagnosis?
    The brooks dyad work well for people with flat feet as the platform is
    a linear and suits falt feet.the shoe also has two pods which only come into play if needed under the arch of the foot.On a negative side you might not feel they are flexible enough depending on how much you supinate.

What footwear have you worn in the past?
    What injuries if any have you had?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

ive gone over on my ankles a couple of times and was told by my physio that i underpronate cos when my feet were rested over the end of a bench they turn significantly inwards.

ive had gait analysis done before at amphibian but they said i needed a neutral shoe. i wasnt convinced due to the ankle problems and how worn my heels were and the physios opinion.

basically i walk on the outside of my feet. the heels of my shoes are worn down considerably on the outside.

ive checked runways site and elverys but havent seen the brooks dyad.

where is best to buy. is it wise to buy blind from an online site. the prices are so dear here compared to the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

blsw wrote: »
    where is best to buy. is it wise to buy blind from an online site. the prices are so dear here compared to the states

Sadly, yes, prices are high here compared to the States.

No, it is not wise, in my opinion to buy running shoes blind from an online site.

You should visit Elverys. I think they have a larger range instore than on their website.

Also, if you go to Elverys in Dundrum, a new running shop has opened in Snow and Rock next door. I have no idea how good they are, but you might get more choices before you decide.

Advertisement