Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diabetic cakes

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:43pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know where i can get diabetic cakes in Dublin ?

thanks

IB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭graflynn

Why do people try to feed us "diabetic" food when it's not good for us? :confused:

Save your money, buy a regular cake and serve smaller portions OR

have a sponge gateaux made using tinned fruit thats preserved in fruit juice instead of syrup and reduce how much sugar they add to the cream. (Yum)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yes, but some people want to buy diabetic food so I'll answer the question. :)

There's a bakery in Rathmines called Craft Bakery who do cakes suitable for diabetics. Maybe give them a call first to check that they have something available on the day you want or you could get them to make something specific for you.

I was also reading about a market in Glasnevin yesterday that has a bakery that does sugar-free tarts. Linky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Yes, but some people want to buy diabetic food so I'll answer the question. :)

There's a bakery in Rathmines called Craft Bakery who do cakes suitable for diabetics. Maybe give them a call first to check that they have something available on the day you want or you could get them to make something specific for you.

I was also reading about a market in Glasnevin yesterday that has a bakery that does sugar-free tarts. Linky.

There is a difference between "diabetic cake" and "cake suitable for diabetics". Mainly the number of visits to the toilet required afterwards

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

thanks everyone.

my cousin asked me to post, its the birthday of a girl in her office on wednesday. they thought it would be nice for her to able to eat her birthday cake

anyway, i think they are going to bake one for her now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

IB, just so as you know, diabetic products are made with sweeteners that have a laxative effect if you have too much. Warn your cousin! The docs generally tell us to just have normal cake I we want it and adjust the insulin dose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement