Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Privi Partizan ammunition

Options
  • 04-03-2011 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Anybody have any experience of this in .223 or .308?

Fingal sports are selling it for a very reasonable price.

.308 168g match €16 per box of 20

.223 55g soft pt €16 per box of 20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

leupold90 wrote: »

Yep.... its great stuff... ive used there match (but of a lower bullet weight) some time ago and it was very accurate and subsonic for use in my suppressor.

The .223 hes is runing low on as I contacted him last week about it. Ill also be collecting the remaining .308 he has tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

i have tried the 168gr SP on deer and found it good. i have a box of 168gr match that i bought ages ago now but i havent tried it yet. but now that the season is over i will have time to test them properly.

i am anxious to try the 55gr SP .223 to see how it goes

Yep.... its great stuff... ive used there match (but of a lower bullet weight) some time ago and it was very accurate and subsonic for use in my suppressor.

The .223 hes is runing low on as I contacted him last week about it. Ill also be collecting the remaining .308 he has tomorrow

i dont mean to question you but they were hardly subsonic were they. that would be very unusual:confused:

Talking to john yesyerday. Hes due in more .308 soon.

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    i dont mean to question you but they were hardly subsonic were they. that would be very unusual:confused:

Ballisticly i couldnt tell you what FPS they are running.... and perhaps subsonic is the wrong choice of word to use but I was using a lighter round and found that the suppressor bearly muzzled the blast. After getting the 168s it was completely different. Pulling the trigger you could hear the "ding" of a steel plate at 100 or so meters and then hear the action recock itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Great news, I used to shoot this in Australia, quality stuff. As cheap as reloading. 10 euro a box there.

I expect ammo prices to drop here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

does anyone know if that 55gr soft point would be any good for foxes. at 11 euro a box it would be a good deal.

also would i do the job on a few goats

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I use their .303 ammo, works for me, and has a good reputation.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

Guys just wondering is anyone using Privi amo in 308 for hunting, I see they have a 150g SP for €17 a box of 20. Just wondering is it any good? say out to 300 yards. I hope to have the licence through for the 308 this week or next and was thinking the Privi might be a cheep bullet for targets and foxes during the summer while getting used to the gun. Open to other suggestions for 308.
    On hearing Tack and Paulo talk about them, I will be trying the Hornady Super's sst for the deer next season, but looking for something cheep till then that still works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    Guys just wondering is anyone using Privi amo in 308 for hunting, I see they have a 150g SP for €17 a box of 20. Just wondering is it any good? say out to 300 yards. I hope to have the licence through for the 308 this week or next and was thinking the Privi might be a cheep bullet for targets and foxes during the summer while getting used to the gun. Open to other suggestions for 308.
    On hearing Tack and Paulo talk about them, I will be trying the Hornady Super's sst for the deer next season, but looking for something cheep till then that still works well.

We chrono'd some yesterday, along with ST's and .223 stuff.

Paul has the sheet of paper with the data on it so he will post later.

It did ok on Standard deviation as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 SAKO_FTR

Price update from John @ Fingal

.223 55g soft pt €11 per box of 20

243 100Grn SP €14,
    6.5x55 156Grn SP €14
    308 150 SP €14

303 & 6.5x55 FMJ are €14 per box

Can be that bad

• Advertisement

i was jus up the hill testing the superformance 150gr sst. and got great results with the SD coming back at 5.4. and an average speed of 2867 fps out of my 22" barrel

i also tested the 168 gr match by privi partazan and they came back with an average speed of 2377 and an SD of 20.6 not to bad for cheep ammo but there is better out there

while chronograph was set up i was plinking a steel target at 550y.
    obviously the hornady printed better but i was still able to get on targrt with the privi stuff and was able to group them but had an odd flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

SAKO_FTR wrote: »
    Price update from John @ Fingal

.223 55g soft pt €11 per box of 20

243 100Grn SP €14,
    6.5x55 156Grn SP €14
    308 150 SP €14

303 & 6.5x55 FMJ are €14 per box

Can be that bad

Where is John In fingal and a phone number for him please. I'm in Dublin tomorrow so could call in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Could you pm me contact details please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

I got a few of these form Poulo and although they were accurate enough I found it took a lot more force to lock down the bolt of my mauser action CS550
    It muy have been the head space that was different but not willing to risk it in my gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Anyone using the .243? thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 OnTheGame

Mauser .308, just intersted as to what model you chose..? i really like the stutzen. all are reaaly nice guns

Zeroed the rifle with it at 100mtrs
    3 shot grouping less than 1/2" after zero

Guy beside me also has a 243, He was using a CZ and also grouping less than 1/2"

have not used it hunting, have to wait till the season is in.

Anyone got this mans location / contact details? ..tanx

OnTheGame wrote: »
    Mauser .308, just intersted as to what model you chose..? i really like the stutzen. all are reaaly nice guns
    Yep the Sultan is a lovely gun, but comes with a 19" barrel. I wanted something a wee bit longer. I went with the Delux. Just nicer wood and engravings. Lakelands had the gun over from Mauser for a game fare and I done a deal to get 20% knocked off the price as it was a show model, though never fired. It was also a left hand action and I shoot lefty. Just waiting on the licence through now. Anyone any experience of how long it takes to change over?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep the Sultan is a lovely gun, but comes with a 19" barrel. I wanted something a wee bit longer. I went with the Delux. Just nicer wood and engravings. Lakelands had the gun over from Mauser for a game fare and I done a deal to get 20% knocked off the price as it was a show model, though never fired. It was also a left hand action and I shoot lefty. Just waiting on the licence through now. Anyone any experience of how long it takes to change over?

Lefty Mauser M03? Would love a look at that sometime. I was handling one at the game fair in Birr a couple of years back and was debating whether I really needed both kidneys, and that was right handed. I'll bring along my Sako and can see the two of them side by side.

• Advertisement

Lefty Mauser M03? Would love a look at that sometime. I was handling one at the game fair in Birr a couple of years back and was debating whether I really needed both kidneys, and that was right handed. I'll bring along my Sako and can see the two of them side by side.
    Sounds great, will give you a shout as soon as the licence is through. Looking forward to getting it an firing off a few rounds. Have the Zeiss Victory with built in rangefinder to go on top of it. just need to decide on a mod and good to go. The gear will be grand its the shooter that needs to be upgraded also.
    Then next up is do the HCAP and try to get a decent let to suplement my permissions. U doing it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sounds great, will give you a shout as soon as the licence is through. Looking forward to getting it an firing off a few rounds. Have the Zeiss Victory with built in rangefinder to go on top of it. just need to decide on a mod and good to go. The gear will be grand its the shooter that needs to be upgraded also.
    Then next up is do the HCAP and try to get a decent let to suplement my permissions. U doing it this year?

Yeah, going to have to. Want to try get a decent let if I can't get better permissions and Coillte's the only show in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Jaysus man, you have tor drive through the best of deer country from Mullingar to get to a Coillte let.

Will ya talk nicer to Tfox :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Lads,

I'm merging the two threads on Privi ammunition (one from Leupold90, and the other from Mauser308) as one poster is looking for info and another is giving reviews. That along with the responses to both should serve as one good thread will all details/answers sought.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Any distributors of this ammo in munster or is fingal the sole distrib....

Any distributors of this ammo in munster or is fingal the sole distrib....

Mick Duggan in killarney had it last time I was talkin to him about 6 months ago. Pm me if you want his number.

The only two I know of that stock Prvi ammo
    Fingal Sports & Tannyoky

I don't know of any stockist in Munster.

Would this ammo have any adverse effects on the gun or mod - i.e corrosion ?, would be use using for zero & sharpen up target.

Would this ammo have any adverse effects on the gun or mod - i.e corrosion ?, would be use using for zero & sharpen up target.

Privi is non corrosive....

but ive no idea what you ment by " would be use using for zero & sharpen up target"

• Advertisement

Cheers,

Zero in rifle & a few warm up rounds prior to stalking deer.
    Will stick to my federal power shok for kill shot.

The price just seems too good to be true.......but ive read some good reviews for this ammo.....will get 100 rounds if available.

cc30

Advertisement