Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cattery in S Dublin with vets

• 04-03-2011 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi

just wondering whether anyone could recommend a cattery in S or Central Dubln that is on the site of a vet surgery/connected to a surgery? So far I could only locate the Dublin SPCA pet boarding centre, which has a vet-on-call service. Does anybody have any experience with it?

we used to have a catminder (vet nurse usually) come to our place and check on them 1-2 x a day, but now I would prefer to board our cat somewhere where a professional is keeping an eye on him. He spent a couple of weeks in Dec in a cattery, and although he was very shy etc with the people working there, he was 100% back to himself as soon as we got him out in our apartment.
    thanks,
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The information on the DSPCA site is a little out-of-date as there's a full public veterinary clinic now onsite with a vet on call 24x7.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks will give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Argyll and Bainbridge on Glenablyn Road in Stillorgan have a practice with a cattery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭iheartthailand

i wasnt aware of the cattery in Argyll and Bainbridge but my experience with the vets there has been brilliant, couldnt recommend them more.

I have seen the catterty in the dspca, the kennels are fab, like mini little cat apartments! plus volunteers spend time with your cat every day playing etc. plus all the profits go back in to helping other more unfortunate animals

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks, I tried to ring Argyll & Bainbridge a couple of times yesterday but couldn't get through. They are much closer to us than the DSCPA. Wonder whether cats can see each other?
    Love the idea of the mini apts though in DSCPA - I think my kitty is a bit shy to make friends with people he doesn't know (needs a few hours of careful examination from behind the curtain before he decides to give it a go :)) but sounds great, I am sure he would appreciate the attention!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IreneCleary

I boarded my two babies (a cat and a dog) at the new DSPCA boarding and wow is all I can say. The facilities are second to none, really top of the range, the place is spotless as well. The staff were lovely and it was all about my pets, I thought the 3 page questionnaires that I had to fill in were fab, as they said they want to know as much as possible about my two as "pets can't tell us what they do at home", once I sat down to type them out I had great fun filling in all the details, my forms ended up being a bit longer than the three pages for each pet, crazy pet mum yes i am, I was so very impressed with the place and my two babies came home very happy, think they missed the place a bit actually, no air conditioning in my house I can tell ya:D Their new vet clinic is right beside them at the centre which is brilliant and they have a 24 vet service there so no rushing off in a car to UCD if my pet gets sick. I got my dog microchipped by their vets (my kitty is already chipped) for only €25 while he was boarding- bargain!!! I had a look around the vet clinic as well and was so impressed with it and the vets I registered my two as new patients, I was told as a registered client of the vets if I want to get any health checks, dentals, etc done by the vets while they are boarding that is part of the joint service of the two businesses, yahoo no more guilt bringing my dog for his anals or kitty's dentals anymore :-) They made it very clear to me however that all vaccinations including kennel cough for my pooch have to be uptodate before they will let them into the boarding facilities :D I got a real feel good factor when paying my bill knowing that all profits will go back to the charity, so extra karma points for me ;) I boarded my cat with my old vet before but while having her in a vets was comforting I then realised while on holiday that my vets are closed on a Sunday so there would be no-one there looking after her all day like in a boarding place so now I have the best of both worlds with the dspca, can't recommend the place enough!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 IreneCleary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

If you want to go a little further south, I cant highly recommend Barbara O'Malley in Bray, CO Wicklow. Shes our Vet and shes a brilliant one at that and the staff are equally as fantastic. They set their upstairs as a cattery about a year ago, I haven't used it as we use a fantastic cattery down in Wicklow called Cattery cottages, but this is just a cattery not a vet as well

Advertisement