Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Opening/Closing Hours

Options
  • 04-03-2011 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Tesco Clearwater is no longer opened 24 hours it closes now at 12 midnight and re-opens at 6 a.m.

I'm not sure if there are other branches who have changed their opening hours (change came into place on Monday this week at Clearwater).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

im not surprised i was there for a few nights and they were wild! Few stores had changed opening times, some only open 24/5....etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's to do with the fact that raiders are targetting the stores that are 24 hours in the early hours of the morning, one was robbed last week, all the staff locked and tied up in the store room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

January wrote: »
    It's to do with the fact that raiders are targetting the stores that are 24 hours in the early hours of the morning, one was robbed last week, all the staff locked and tied up in the store room.

That's dreadful I had no idea that had happened I thought it was due to costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It wasn't the Clearwater one that was robbed by the way...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I expect that it has more to do with costs. One of the first things Dunnes did when the recession came was to cut back on opening hours. Tesco in Cork has cut back the hours as well - it must cost a lot keeping a massive store open just for a dozen customers at 3am..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

parsi wrote: »
    I expect that it has more to do with costs. One of the first things Dunnes did when the recession came was to cut back on opening hours. Tesco in Cork has cut back the hours as well - it must cost a lot keeping a massive store open just for a dozen customers at 3am..

It was never for the dozen customers at 3am, stores had to restock the shelves and if they had staff rostered in to do this overnight they may as well have stayed open for the few quid they would make.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Judging by the shelves in Mahon Point they usen't be using that time for restocking. Having a kip maybe but not restocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It was never for the dozen customers at 3am, stores had to restock the shelves and if they had staff rostered in to do this overnight they may as well have stayed open for the few quid they would make.

In Dunnes they stopped nightpack years ago, cost cutting as they had to be paid more..and a high level of robbing. Nightpack now are not rostered past 11. The two things occurred around the same time, cutting back on staffing levels as no tills open etc. when the store wasn't open to customers, and cutting back on staff costs. Though I've no idea why the Manor Mills one ever bothered opening 24/7. Only Cornelscourt left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It only costs 3 extra staff to keep the store open, the self scan attendants and a cross over of security so one can have her lunch.

You'd be surprised how much money the store makes between 12am and 6 am. But it depends on location, beside a hospital is always busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Agreed, you can find a surprisingly high number of shoppers at 3am or so, I used to go to Artaine Castle at that time.

With Beaumont Hospital nearby you have a lot of staff on shift.
    I worked in hotels and staff there often finish up in the early hours.

If you have a night pack team you just need a few to serve and run the self service. And you need security

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I'll miss my 24 hour Tesco :(

Advertisement