Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Gig Pints

Options
  • 04-03-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

hi folks, I'm going to Vicar Street tonight, can anyone recommend a good bar to go to before the gig? preferably near enough to the venue.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The Pale Pub is all right. Quite close on High St there. Also if you don't mind walking (well, it's only ten minutes), The Bull & Castle on Dame St.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The Lord Edward also.
    Is the Thomas House still open??
    The bar areas in Vicar Street itself are good, mind you, and the service is quick any time I've been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The bar areas in Vicar Street itself are good, mind you, and the service is quick any time I've been there.

Yeah, you haven't lived until you've had a pint of Guinness out of a plastic cup. (Yeah, I'm weird like that.) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The Thomas House is a good spot, and it's only across the road from vicar street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The Thomas House is the best spot if they haven't turned up the volume too much. The Lord Edward (upstairs) is nice and quiet.

For after the gig, if you go to the Bull & Castle and show them your ticket for Vicar St (or Olympia) for that night, they will give you a free pint :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

I think the Thomas House is closed down - :(

Top spot in its day - had manys a great night in the place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah, you haven't lived until you've had a pint of Guinness out of a plastic cup. (Yeah, I'm weird like that.) :p

A drawback, yes, but it's nice to be able to know exactly when the band is coming on instead of sitting in a bar down the street fretting because you don't want to miss the start! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Dermo wrote: »
    For after the gig, if you go to the Bull & Castle and show them your ticket for Vicar St (or Olympia) for that night, they will give you a free pint :)

I always go there after the Olympia and never knew that :o

temply wrote: »
    I think the Thomas House is closed down - :(

Top spot in its day - had manys a great night in the place.

The Thomas House is still open, it was only closed for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Thomas House is open. €3.40 a pint of any draught in there til 11:30pm every night I think I read on the door. If anyone can confirm. I heard the place is gone to **** though. Confirmation on that aswell please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Kennedy's is right next door to Vicar Street. Grand spot for a pint before a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

The Thomas House is still open, it was only closed for a few days

:) brilliant news! will have to pop by for a drink at some stage so!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Is this true?! Or is this just an elaborate plan to make unsuspecting boardsies look like raving lunatics?

Is this true?! Or is this just an elaborate plan to make unsuspecting boardsies look like raving lunatics?

There is a sign on the front door of the pub advertising it but I do think it would be funny if it wasn't on and lots of people kept on asking for their free pint

Advertisement