Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure watch 2 Panel

Options
  • 04-03-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Guys a friend of mine has a special needs child and she needs to know when he goes to the bathroom.She has 2 bathrooms upstairs and downstairs. So she wants a buzzer in the kitchen to sound for 5 seconds when either bathroom door opens or closes. So i was going to use a trafo and a timmer and 2 magnetic contacts and it should work fine.Then i was thinkin if there was a way here alarm panel would allow me to do this. Could i set up the bathrooms on one zone and then have that zone trigger the buzzer in the kitchen or trigger a relay? Also can them zones have a time effect on them as to turn off the buzzer or would i need an external timer? Can those panels give out 24v or is it only 12v? Any help would be great, as i said it will work the first way but i think the alarm panel is a better way and probably cheaper

Cheers...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have engineer access you could wire contacts from the doors into a seperate zone and programme it with chime. You could also programme the zone as technical and set it to switch an output for the buzzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

i think it would be better if i set it as technical and had it to switch an output for the buzzer. Can that setting have a time set on it or do i have to run it through a timer? Where are the output terminals on the control panel

Cheers...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The output can be programmed to pulse or continuous.
    The outputs are on the right.
    Do you have the engineer manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

no i dont think i have the engineer manual but i'm sure i could get my hands on one. What does pulse mean as opposed to continuous? Can any zone be assigned to an output?How can that be done? Which output should i use? Fire, Panic etc?

Cheers 4 the help...

The manual will explain all that much better.
    PM me your email if you want a manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

i think it would be better if i set it as technical and had it to switch an output for the buzzer. Can that setting have a time set on it or do i have to run it through a timer? Where are the output terminals on the control panel

Cheers...

I would recomand chime. The resaon being you can turn it on or off using the keypad. 0#6 on 0#6 off . If you have it as a technical it will trigger all the time. so when your aware of the person using the toilet it will still ring. you could simply turn it on when you are away from the person then turn it off to stop the buzzer ringing.

Advertisement