Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Stolen

• 04-03-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

On the slim chance anyone has any information or it has been tried to be sold to you! My laptop was stolen from the womens changing room in penneys in the galway shopping centre. It is an acer aspire 5551, matt black. It had a black laptop sleeve with red trimming. I have reported it to the guards and have looked at the cctv and am waiting to hear back from them.
    Thanks, in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Keep an eye on the second hand shops - one opposite the post office on Eglington street and one around the corner beside Charcoal on Mary Street.

I'm fairly sure when they buy second hand items off someone they take a copy of ID (Passport or something). If you spot it for sale, guards should be able to follow it up through that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Why on earth had ya yer laptop left un-attended??

And more importantly, is there not any come-back from Penneys? Penneys is constantly full of Security-guards milling about, plus surely they caught something substantial on CCTV?

Hope something incriminating is found from the cams. Would hate to lose my Laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Even more importantly, why wasn't your information encrypted?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 _leona_

I know, so angry at myself. Can't believe how stupid I was.

They dont have any cameras in the shop itself but one is trained on the door from the outside and the security onduty in the shop didn't see anything.

Im not getting my hopes up though because the chances of anyone recognising the person would be fairly slim id imagine.

Im going to look in the second hand shops monday and I have emailed and rang as many of the computer shops with the serial number and asked them to keep an eye out.

It's just going to be a tough and expensive lesson to learn I guess.

Advertisement