Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord Mayor-Illegal parking- anybody got photos?

Options
  • 04-03-2011 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Over the years I have seen the Lord Mayors free, chauffeur-driven car parked illegally in a number of different locations. I think this is an abuse of his position, and is wrong.

I have written to him about it, but have not received any response. I am planning to do so again.

If you agree with me, I would appreciate it if you have any recent photos of his car parked illegally - could you PM them to me?

Full thread in this is over here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056196327

Thanks!

- FoxT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

FoxT wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Over the years I have seen the Lord Mayors free, chauffeur-driven car parked illegally in a number of different locations. I think this is an abuse of his position, and is wrong.

I have written to him about it, but have not received any response. I am planning to do so again.

If you agree with me, I would appreciate it if you have any recent photos of his car parked illegally - could you PM them to me?

Full thread in this is over here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056196327

Thanks!

- FoxT

The Lord Mayor's car is exempt from parking Bye Laws so how can it be illegally parked?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The Lord Mayor's car is exempt from parking Bye Laws so how can it be illegally parked?

Really? How so, can you give me a link to where I can find more info on this.

Seems ridiculous and illegal.:confused:

vicwatson wrote: »
    Really? How so, can you give me a link to where I can find more info on this.

Seems ridiculous and illegal.:confused:

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/parkingbyelaws/filedownload,2225,en.htm

Non-Application of Bye-Laws to certain vehicles

7. Articles 8 to15 and 16 to 23 of these bye-laws shall not apply to

(c)a vehicle which is being used by the Lord Mayor in the course of his/her official duties;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

The situation is worse than I thought.

Not only does the Lord Mayor not respect the laws that apply to ordinary citizens, but a bye-law has been passed that permits him to flout the law at his convenience!

I am being a little tongue in cheek here - I believe there is an unhealthy culture amongst our politicians when it comes to respecting the law. The Lord Mayor's car is a minor issue, but it is being run along the same values & principles that have been applied to, say, the Government jet, in the past.

I think it is worth highlighting.

- FoxT

The situation is worse than I thought.

Not only does the Lord Mayor not respect the laws that apply to ordinary citizens, but a bye-law has been passed that permits him to flout the law at his convenience!

I'll give you proper juicy one now that you can complain about and I'll support you on:

As we have established, the Lord Mayor is exempt, but did you know that parking wardens in Cork city will not give a parking ticket to the car of any Cork City employee, no matter where they are parked in the city?

All you have to do is put a Cork City Council bib over your car seat – no matter how long the vehicle is parked.

• Advertisement

I did not know that! Got any bibs?

A friend of mine just bought a yellow one on the Coal Quay and used that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭dodger50

....and thus ends your short stay on the high moral ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I'd like to nominate this thread for "Farcical Thread of the Week" if I may?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Fox I would consider this spamming now. How many more forums are you going to post it in. No body cares about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Fox I would consider this spamming now. How many more forums are you going to post it in. No body cares about it.

Please leave the modding to the moderators.

evilivor wrote: »

All you have to do is put a Cork City Council bib over your car seat – no matter how long the vehicle is parked.
    A friend of mine just bought a yellow one on the Coal Quay and used that.

I would reckon that if it is true a yellow high viz without the Cork City Council markings on it wouldn't really do the trick. Perhaps you could report back how your friend gets on with his experiment :)

dodger50 wrote: »
    ....and thus ends your short stay on the high moral ground.
    Really? I dont like the LM parking on a dbl yellow line, in a bus lane and on a footpath, all at the same time. I still have a sense of humour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The Lord Mayor's car is immune, get over it, you're only showing us a bad side of yourself.

Just to make your day, the Lord Mayor is also the admiral of the harbour, he could instruct Le Eithne to bombard you house.

Times are bad enough for everyone without having this type of hate filled post to contend with.

All you'll ever get out of this campaign is a lane closed off reserved for Lord Mayor and we motorised just suffer even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I'll give you proper juicy one now that you can complain about and I'll support you on:

As we have established, the Lord Mayor is exempt, but did you know that parking wardens in Cork city will not give a parking ticket to the car of any Cork City employee, no matter where they are parked in the city?

And you've got proof of this yeah? My uncle is one of the wardens in the city and trust me, he'd almost not let his mother off with a ticket nor mind some council workers.

Advertisement