Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Bogus road workers calling to houses and robbing people

Options
  • 04-03-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭

Hi.

This happened a while back but I must warn people of it. My grandmother lives out in the countryside. There were road workers working on the road near her house for a few weeks. One summer day in the afternoon, a guy called to the front door and was wearing a high visibility vest and the usual gear that made him look just like an ordinary road worker. Another lowlife went around to the back of the house and got in through an open door (it was a warm day so both doors were open to let a breeze through the house). All the while the first thief kept my grandmother distracted by talking about pipes being put down. In the end after they'd gone my grandmother realised what had happened. The scumbags had taken many thousands of Euros from a locked press. I have no doubt that she was not the first victim nor the last. The police came but have not caught anyone (I'm wont be holding my breath on that).

Theses devils target old people in particular. If you have friends and relatives that have road works (or similar work) being done near their home, please tell them to be extra wary if guys in high vis vests call. They use the road workers as a cover.

I am still raging over what they did but am thankful that (barring the awful shock) no harm came to my grandmother.

Please pass the warning on. Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement