Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Livery Oranmore Co. Galway

Options
  • 04-03-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

A friend of mine from Dub has asked me to look into taking her 16hh mare on for the summer, possibly for longer..
    I am living out in Renville/Maree area and I need to find some info on places to keep her, Im new enough to the area so I dont know where to look!... (and I am actually finding it very difficult to get info)
    I would like to look at all options, DIY, Half and Full Livery

If anyone knows somewhere, or anywhere I can look for info I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

Hi MipsyMoo, sorry I'm not sure of ones in Oranmore but there are 2 just out the Tuam Road in Galway (on the way to Claregalway): Rockmount and Duffy's, literally a stones throw away from each other. They both offer reasonably livery rates as far as I'm aware, and right next door to a great vet too. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MipsyMoo

Wosheen,
    Thanks for your reply, Im going to take a look at them yards this evening...

Hey MipsyMoo, did you have any luck??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MipsyMoo

Yeah, I went up to Duffys and it was great!:D seems like a wonderful yard for any horse,the boxes are a nice size, with an indoor, 2 outdoors, well maintained paddocks, plenty of activities and a great athmosphere!!!! the only thing was that it is about a 40 min drive from where I am... no fault of the yard, im at a remote enough area!

Its not the end of the world, but with travel time, I weighed up my options to see if I can keep a happy, healthy and fit mare, its only fair to her. and I cant commit to taking her as I feel like I would not be able to give her 100% -
    A horse needs a lot of time and care, and with 40mins either side of working with her, Im not sure I could give ger that every day!
    So to end the story, I have said sorry to my friend as I wont be taking her mare on.. :(

Thanks a million for sending me there all the same!:) I would reccomend it to anyone looking for an active livery yard!

(I did not check out rockmount due to the travel time, I was already cosidering that the yards were a bit far out for me when i arrived at duffys, but i have heard great things about the place...)

Great, glad you liked them - and I completely know what you mean about being 40min each way, it's hard to do that every day, so you have to make the right decision for you and for the mare. You never know, other opportunities might come up in the future!

Best of luck with your new digs in Galway in any case! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 shinymolly

bit late now but there is a livery yard located in galway city. its called cooper's hill livery. they are on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Shinymolly, please do not drag up old threads just to pimp a certain equestrian/livery/riding centre.

/Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement