Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maxi. She Gone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Maxi is 61??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

sudzs wrote: »

Yup. Carries it well, doesn't she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

sudzs wrote: »

Yep,
    I was shocked at that as well!

God, I am getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

RTE are saying Maxi will come back in a different capacity, music programming, which I assume means a behind the scenes role. Whose Shay Byrne?

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/maxi-bows-out-of-her-am-slot-for-new-show-2565954.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,367 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rubik. wrote: »
    RTE are saying Maxi will come back in a different capacity, music programming, which I assume means a behind the scenes role. Whose Shay Byrne?

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/maxi-bows-out-of-her-am-slot-for-new-show-2565954.html

Filled in for derek mooney amongst others. He had some show on a sunday(I think) on radio one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

I'm an early riser for work, usually 5.45 , and i really enjoyed maxi . Her successor is ok, but just not the same . Maybe its an age thing, but i used to really like Maxi's voice whil;e i was having my breakfast . So, if you are reading this yourself, maxi, hope you get well soon and we hear you back on the radio in some form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Shay Byrne also does voice overs for verious show in TV. It's a shame because Lorcan Murray is doing an excellent job in that slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

fair play to her for getting up so early. cannot have been easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Rubik. wrote: »
    Whose Shay Byrne?
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Filled in for derek mooney amongst others.

He also sounds like Mooney, uncannily at times.

Best of health to Maxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

This is sad. Radio 1 in the morning without Maxi isn't Radio 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cole wrote: »
    He also sounds like Mooney, uncannily at times.

Have to say you're bang on.. I said the exact same when he was on.. He pretty much copied Mooney's style in every way... But he's a good guy, he's funny and a bit less stuffy that the other RTE presenters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Just what we need, another shrieking Mooney!

Best wishes to Maxi though, she ploughed that furrow so well, and made the early mornings easy for many. I hope she has a long and happy retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Fuinseog wrote: »
    fair play to her for getting up so early. cannot have been easy.

It says on the write-up that she had five alarm clocks set to wake her up. I hope she's ok now and that those early mornings haven't taken too big a toll on her health. She's been doing that show for donkey's years.

Advertisement