Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think the jack on my iPod is loose

• 04-03-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

So yesterday, I bought new earphones because my old ones were broken, they're a philips brand and cost €24 euro.
    When I plugged them into my iPod touch, the sound occasionally disappears from the left earbud, but only when i touch off where the earphones plug into my iPod. This also happened with a friends earphones that I borrowed before I bought my new ones, but there was nothing wrong with them when she lent them to me.
    So I think the jack is loose and I was wondering is there any way to fix that? Would I have to send it away? Bring it to a particular shop? Any cheap home remedies?

(I don't know if this is the right forum, but if it's not, please move to the right one!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I had the same thing happen to an old ipod where the jack receiver became loose over time. I think there was a quick fix where you put a tiny triangle of paper in with the headphone plug into the jack to fill up any excess space. I can't remember where I saw it but maybe try looking on the web.

It's hardly ideal as it would take some trial & error but might work out for you. If you do get it working with a bit of paper wedged in you could make it semi permanent with this. Simply stick the paper in with this:

http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/05/replug-headphone-adapter-review/

Or you could use the ipod's LOD (the charger part) with a Fiio E1 which has a volume control and accepts a headphone jack.

Finally you could give a go at changing the itouch's jack receiver but that's probably the most difficult (and probably expensive).

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Keogg

Thank you, I think I'll give the little piece of paper a go! Seems the easiest:)

Advertisement