Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc in Supply Chain Management

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Planning on doing a masters degree next year and this was one which appealed to me. I want to do it part time in DIT and was just wondering if anyone here could provide any feedback on the course and provide info on job prospects upon completion!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

this was my undergrad, but ive a fair idea about how the masters works so here goes.......

first question is regarding your undergrad, what exactly did you do?? this has a real influence on whether the course will suit, because from speaking to academic staff, there is absolutely no use in doing a masters in SC if it was your undergrad as you will learn nothing new.

this is due to a basic lack of history in the area in Ireland. i was told if i wished to pursue SC after my undergrad, the only good places for new material would have been Cranfield, and the University of Cardiff(IIRC).

Regarding the DIT masters one, its basically one 40 hour week a month, and then 3 weeks off to do projects, if its laid out the same. its located in bolton st, not Aungier st where the Undergrad is..................

although, many of the staff on this programme have got a wealth of knowledge in the industry, and you may only look to the course leader Ed Sweeney for the amount of publications under his belt.

anything else you need to know just ask! hope this was helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Thanks for the reply!

My undergrad was 'Construction Economics and Management' (Quantity Surveying). I'm 100% moving away from construction and I liked the sound of this course. I e-mailed Ed Sweeney already and he said my undergrad would be suitable for this.

How are the job prospects afterwards? Have you or your old class mates got jobs or did you go on to do masters aswell?

Cheers!

Advertisement