Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostGraduate Applications Centre farce

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Back in November I applied to the postgraduate applications Centre, PAC www.pac.ie, for the graduate diploma in education. After paying the €80 fee I posted my accompanying documents. I heard nothing of substance back from them until yesterday

Previously I had received an email stating that the status of my application changed. When checked the status asked that I had insured posting my documents.

Fast forward to yesterday when I got an email about my status being treated. logged into the pac site to check my status only to find out pac were claiming they never received my documents. I rang them and was told "unless you have proof of postage there's no basis for appeal" and to "try again next year".

I found this hugely unacceptable, sent an email expressing my displeasure, the reply was a "copy and paste" job. I know other people who have experienced problems using the PAC.

I don't know what to do and I'm thinking I need legal advice as PAC refused to refund me My application fee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well, did you have proof of postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Everything i've sent to them I've used express mail.

Usually about €5 in the PO and its next day delivery. You also get a receipt.

Why did you wait so long to enquire about this? As you said yourself you should receive an email update. If you didnt get that after a week you should have been calling them to find out the problem.

Advertisement