Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson vivaz and meteor

Options
  • 04-03-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

my partner upgraded to a vivaz with meteor 5 months ago. I checked up about it and found that there was a problem with the usb charging connection, it had a tendency to come out of the phone attached to the charging cable. Well, not long after this is what happened to her phone (after the usb cover fell off). Brought back to meteor shop, sent off to their repair company, returned unfixed with note attached saying unit damaged due to misuse. Warranty void. Meteor are saying we can take it to independent repair co for second opinion but basically it's tough. Meteor offer 1 year warranty, Sony e offer second year warranty. So rather than going in their, losing the head and saying something stupid, i came here for advice. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Ask them what damage has caused the warranty to be deemed void.
    Wear and tear? Impact? Negligence?

If you are not happy with the outcome, send a registered letter to Meteor head office outlining your position. If you still don't get a resolution, you can take the issue up with the Small Claims Court.

Advertisement