Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single mum -info please

• 04-03-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37

Hi there
    I applied for lone parent back in january and have had a meeting with inspector produced birth certs, wage slips, and a letter from parents stating i live with them as this was requested. I have not heard anything back yet and am due back to work soon. Will the inspector let me know if they are calling as if im working i will not be there???

Also i will be returning to work 3 days a week. This is what i worked before my maternity leave and i also signed for 3 days. when i return to work if i am in recipt of lone parent payment do i still sign for these 3 days or do I apply for FIS. its very confusing

Thanks ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Yopyop

your best bet is to call your local welfare office and ask. they are usually very helpful. if not then call the inspector, see if you are getting anything, which you should, and then find out the rest off him.

if you don't get anything you should appeal it as its not on, you should get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If you had your meeting with the inspector and everything is in order,a report will be written up and the claim will be sent to the local office for a decision to be made.It's the staff in the LO who decide the amount to award ,the inspector gives them the details of means and checks to see are all conditions met.call to the LO they should be able to tell you how much longer you will be waiting .

Yopyop wrote: »
    if you don't get anything you should appeal it as its not on, you should get it

You have no why of knowing if the OP is entitled to payment from the info given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 lil old me

yabadabado wrote: »
    You have no why of knowing if the OP is entitled to payment from the info given.

Since my child has been born i have only been recieving 262 maternity benifit + 100 per month from the childs father I am guessing i am def entitled to somethin.

I called today and they just said that the claim is waiting to go for payment but that there is a backlog

Just wait and see now i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i dont think its as much as 262 a week. I think the payment could be 188 + 29 per child per wk before you go back to work but you should have more money with fis.

• Advertisement

You could apply for FIS now while your still on MAT leave,they take into account your wage before you went on MAT + MAT benefit and average it out over 52 weeks. Im not sure if you can get casual jobseekers anf lone parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    i dont think its as much as 262 a week. I think the payment could be 188 + 29 per child per wk before you go back to work but you should have more money with fis.

Maternity Benefit is 262, One Parent Family is 188 plus increase for child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 lil old me

yabadabado wrote: »
    You could apply for FIS now while your still on MAT leave,they take into account your wage before you went on MAT + MAT benefit and average it out over 52 weeks. Im not sure if you can get casual jobseekers anf lone parents.

I thought i had to be actually wrking the 19 hours before I could apply for FIS so was waiting until I returned to work. Can I deffinately apply now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You can't get FIS and Jobseeker's Benefit. You can get half rate Jobseeker's with your One Parent Family, or claim FIS but your One Parent Family payment is assessed as income on your FIS.

Mat is looked at as employment for FIS purposes.but as cee_jay said u can't get both FIS and jobseekers.if you were doing 19 hrs p/w before mat ,you could have applied for FIS when ur child was born.at this stage you might be better off waiting the 3 weeks until u return to work to apply because 19 hrs working might be less cash than the mat and you would receive more FIS .

• Advertisement
Advertisement