Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bestake's Trading Log

Options
  • 04-03-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

MODS - CLOSE THIS THREAD IF IT IS NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH POSTING RULES. THIS LOG WILL BE ALL AFTER TIMING, HOWEVER THE PURPOSE OF THIS LOG IS TO KEEP A DIARY OF MY TRADING, AND DISCUSS TRADING STRATEGIES WITH MEMBERS. THIS ISN'T INTENDED TO BE ANOTHER COUGHLANGATE OR SOME TYPE OF A 'THE SYSTEM WORKS, NOW SUBSCRIBE TO MY WEBSITE' TYPE OF LOG.

I NOTICED THERE ARE NEXT TO NO TRADERS ON THE FORUM, SO I WANT TO START A LOG.

Now the disclaimer is noted, I intend to start posting my trading log on a regular basis. My trading strategy is based mainly on soccer, preferably one of the high over/unders goal markets. My aim is to back the under as the money is starting to leave a price (eg. when down to the last few thousand/hundred on 1.03) and lay off early as possible (1.02). I sometimes green up but I mostly leave the overs untraded.

I try to trade out before kick off, but I do let trades in play. I also like to take positions while in play but I try to trade in a market where if a goal is scored, I can red out with a copable loss. For example if I was looking to trade the under/over 4.5 market at 1.03 and the current price for under/over 3.5 market is 1.09, I feel comfortable. If a goal is scored, it is likely I can red out at around 1.07ish. I try to avoid markets where if a goal is scored, then I need to red out over 10 ticks.

I generally try to avoid having an open trade where the postion can be entirely wiped out by a single goal, eg. trading under 0.5 goals on the 85 minute.

I am hoping to avoid over trading. I have set daily, weekly and monthly targets for myself, so when my daily is reached, then I am done for the day.

My starting bank this morning was €632.67.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Bestake

Starting Bank : €632.67

Started trading this morning just after 10am and finished around 3pm (passively). Ended trading with a profit of €51.23, of which €30.00 was withdrawn.

Main trade was the Tanjong Pagar United v Woodlands Wellington game (final score 0-0). A low scoring game, I got in at the right times, profiting over €39 from the under 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, and 4.5 market. Got in to the 3.5 market just before half time and left the trade ride for 3 ticks making a nice €18 profit.

Also made around €12 on the FC Inter v HJK Helsinki (final score 1-1). Two goals within the first 20 mins left the over 6.5 market at 1.04 at half time. Got in a 4's and out at 2's.

Got a pre match 1 tick in and out trade for the Hong Kong FC v Wofoo Tai Po game for the under 2.5 market, but I never greened up and the goals flew in once the game started.

Closing Bank : €684.51
    Profit : €51.84
    Realised Profit : €30.00
    Unrealised Profit : €21.84

My target for today was €664.46, so as this was exceeded, that is me done for today.

By the end of March I'm hoping to get up to a bank of round €1,700 (and get €600 of that profit realised).

Target by Sunday night (6th March) - €729.49 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheHatchetMan

Sorry I'm relatively new to this, could you explain what 'trading' incoperates.

It can incorporate a wide range of methods and strategies, but my strategy is fairly primative, in that I go to a Betfair market, back at such a price and lay at a slightly lower price, taking a profit.

Price movements can occur for a variety of reasons, but I try to get on price movements based on the passage of time - eg. if the score is 0-0 after 50 mins, the under 2.5 goals could be 1.10. After 52 mins, it could be 1.09. Aim - back at 1.10, lay at 1.09. 0.01 profit can be greened up or rode.

Advertisement