Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venue for a Quiz

Options
  • 04-03-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are looking to organise a pub quiz for charity.

Anyone know of a good city centre pub that may be good for this?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I was at one in the basement of Doyles that seemed to go well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My sister has held a few table quizzes upstairs in the gingerman, nice decent size function room for about about 50-60 people. Great craic too, there is a bar up there so no need to run up and down the stairs when you want a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Had one in D2 before. Would highly recommend it. depending on the size they will either put you in a room off the bar and smoking area (for those who know the layout) or else they will put you downstairs in the nightclub part.

If it's going to be on the large side (over 25 tables) push to have it downstairs as the room upstairs is L shaped and sound was a bit of an issue around the corner when we had it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sister had one upstairs in Foleys bar a few years ago. Can't remember the exact deal but iirc it was good. Worth checking.

1 Merrion Row, Dublin 2
    Ph: 01-6610115
    http://www.foleysbar.com

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

i was at a great one in o neills on suffolk street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

MacTurcaills on Townsend Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Brogans on Dame Street have had a couple. Pop in and have a chat with Ben about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

The Teachers Club in Parnell Square has a few different rooms. And sometimes if the cause is good they don't charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

whatever you do dont go to the headline on clanbrassil street. my brother was at one there a few years ago and got ran out of the place when his team won because they werent regulars.
    ill try get him to post about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

whatever you do dont go to the headline on clanbrassil street. my brother was at one there a few years ago and got ran out of the place when his team won because they werent regulars.
    ill try get him to post about it

It was more the fact that we didnt give back the prize money. Or all of it, should I say. I've been to quizzes downstairs in D2, its a good venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

As mentioned before downstairs in Doyle's is good but is a little small. Have been at ones in the downstairs of The Church on Mary Street and downstairs in what was known as Le Cirk on Dame Street but for the life of me can't remember what it's called...agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

diddlybit wrote: »
    As mentioned before downstairs in Doyle's is good but is a little small. Have been at ones in the downstairs of The Church on Mary Street and downstairs in what was known as Le Cirk on Dame Street but for the life of me can't remember what it's called...agh!

sweeneys :)

Advertisement