Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Ramps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I would be strongly in favour of having speed ramps fitted across the entrance to each estate. It would certainly slow drivers down as well as stop them from cutting corners. They might also take a bit more time to read the traffic signs and follow the one way traffic system where they are in place. A good enough reason for not allowing my kids play on the green area unsupervised is the speed at which cars enter the wood estate from the roundabout. Putting a hard stop speed ramp a short distance from the entrance to each of the estates would force drivers to not only slow right down but they might see the children playing in the estates as well and drive with more caution.

The worst offenders IMO are new visitors to the area and delivery vehicles.

These kind of ramps are not overly expensive but they are extremely effective at stopping cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

GingerDave wrote: »
    Not to make light of a serious issue.......but i had a flash image in my head........what about FF representives, developers and bankers lying in the road and being used as speed bumps?

Effective and satisfing all at the same time.

....I'll get my coat.:)

That may lead to an increase in speeding though ..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tennisplayer

GingerDave wrote: »
    Not to make light of a serious issue.......but i had a flash image in my head........what about FF representives, developers and bankers lying in the road and being used as speed bumps?

Effective and satisfing all at the same time.

....I'll get my coat.:)
    That may lead to an increase in speeding though ..
    Aaw yeh, kill them now cos it was them that built Charlesland and gave you a place to live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Could mini roundabouts be an option?

Ramps are poor way of calming and they look awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Could mini roundabouts be an option?

Ramps are poor way of calming and they look awful.

People have a hard enough time using the normal roundabouts :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

DK32 wrote: »
    People have a hard enough time using the normal roundabouts :rolleyes:
    Especially Wicklow drivers :D:D

Advertisement