Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Olympus E3 Software

• 04-03-2011 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help.

Left my E3 in to be repaired it was failing to focus.

I was told that the software (not firmware) was corrupt.

Can I download the camera software or do I need to return it to an official Olympus dealer for repairing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

I don't really understand what you are looking for, to the best of my knowledge the only software on the camera is the firmware (the lens has it's own firmware too), to update the firmware you use Olympus Viewer 2.

Can I ask which service center did you send the camera to? The official Olympus service centre should be able to handle any software/firmware issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fitzerb

nilhg wrote: »
    I don't really understand what you are looking for, to the best of my knowledge the only software on the camera is the firmware (the lens has it's own firmware too), to update the firmware you use Olympus Viewer 2.

Can I ask which service center did you send the camera to? The official Olympus service centre should be able to handle any software/firmware issues.

It was Photographic repair Service Ltd. They used to be at Portabello Bridge. When he told me it was a software problem I asked him if downloading the latest firmware would resolve it he said no that it was the camera software. I never head of camera software before.

Fitzerb wrote: »
    It was Photographic repair Service Ltd. They used to be at Portabello Bridge. When he told me it was a software problem I asked him if downloading the latest firmware would resolve it he said no that it was the camera software. I never head of camera software before.

Can't be any harm to try a firmware update, both for the camera and lens, if that doesn't work then I'd suggest you contact Olympus service, they aren't the quickest, (you have to send the body/lens to England, then they send it on to Portugal) but in my experience the workmanship is top class.

Just for interests sake what were the symptoms of the problem with your camera?

Can't be any harm to try a firmware update, both for the camera and lens, if that doesn't work then I'd suggest you contact Olympus service, they aren't the quickest, (you have to send the body/lens to England, then they send it on to Portugal) but in my experience the workmanship is top class.

Just for interests sake what were the symptoms of the problem with your camera?

The camera will not focus regardless of which lens I put in

The camera will not focus regardless of which lens I put in

No chance you've changed any of the settings? I'd be trying to reset the camera to factory defaults as a start, (my apologies if you've already done all this).

If you use manual focus do you see the focus confirmation light blink when you get proper focus?

• Advertisement

No chance you've changed any of the settings? I'd be trying to reset the camera to factory defaults as a start, (my apologies if you've already done all this).

If you use manual focus do you see the focus confirmation light blink when you get proper focus?

No it wont manually focus.

I did reset it.

No it wont manually focus.

I did reset it.

Looks like you need to ring olympus service, sounds strange that it won't even manually focus, I'd be interested to know what the problem was when you get it sorted

Advertisement