Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That fancy youtube thing! - Music for Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

chucken1 wrote: »
    You want cheesy? Hows this :pac::pac::pac:

That is extra cheese on my cheese with cheese with a side of camp.

Love it.:D

BTW, was way to cool to admit liking this stuff back in the day. Can't get enough of it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

cml387..the only rosary Im sayin is to the bottle of B-B-B-Blossom hill in the fridge..Jeez I nearly got myself banned!

My mammy Loved Sean Dunphy.

cml387 wrote: »
    You want cheese???

And that was the cheesecake for afters.
    phew.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    That is extra cheese on my cheese with cheese with a side of camp.

Love it.:D

BTW, was way to cool to admit liking this stuff back in the day. Can't get enough of it now...

I know :pac::pac:. I can keep em comin for days :D
    Hubby does an internet radio show and its mostly 80s with a bit of strange thrown in for good measure!

chucken1 wrote: »
    I know :pac::pac:. I can keep em comin for days :D
    Hubby does an internet radio show and its mostly 80s with a bit of strange thrown in for good measure!

Speaking of strange and eighties cheese, let me present the ultimate blend of both.

Enjoy, Mesdames at Monsiuers

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can't believe that I had an early Beatles White Album. And I broke one of the records. And my mum gave away the cover with the other record.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CUHHGlQg0

Have to say it sounds a heck of a lot better on my computer than it did on my little gramophone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭cml387

looksee wrote: »
    I can't believe that I had an early Beatles White Album. And I broke one of the records. And my mum gave away the cover with the other record.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5CUHHGlQg0

Have to say it sounds a heck of a lot better on my computer than it did on my little gramophone!

I still have the vinyl White complete with the sheet of session photographs/etc. that came with it.

This has to be it form me tonight, otherwise I'll never stop.

And...

And...

And finally....
    :D

night night, my fellow evergreens ;)

I still have the vinyl White complete with the sheet of session photographs/etc. that came with it.

Oh yes! I had forgotten about the photos, no idea what happened to mine. Were there some individual pics as well? Do you ever play it?

• Advertisement

Oh yes! I had forgotten about the photos, no idea what happened to mine. Were there some individual pics as well? Do you ever play it?

Not the vinyl.
    I have the whole album on mp3.

Which reminds me, years ago EMI brought out a Beatles complilation called something like "The Beatles Love Songs"

Some girl wrote to NME querying the absence of "Why Don't We Do It In The Road".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Santana had nothing on this....

Not the vinyl.
    I have the whole album on mp3.

Which reminds me, years ago EMI brought out a Beatles complilation called something like "The Beatles Love Songs"

Some girl wrote to NME querying the absence of "Why Don't We Do It In The Road".

:D genuine lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Free glass of Ribena to the first person to remember the significance of this one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ditto ...plus the red and blue one too ..and Revolver, Abbey Road and ...hang on ...forgot ...too lazy to get up and check :D

"Video killed the radio star"

First hit by Trevor Horn (producer Frankie goes to Hollywood,Seal, etc.)

But more likely you're looking for the fact that it was the first song played on MTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

"Video killed the radio star"

But more likely you're looking for the fact that it was the first song played on MTV

Collect your glass of Ribena in the local shop cml and tell them to send me the bill.

Actually you now also have to explain to youngsters the significance of MTV !!! So many channels now that it's lost in the fog!!

Collect your glass of Ribena in the local shop cml and tell them to send me the bill.

Actually you now also have to explain to youngsters the significance of MTV !!! So many channels now that it's lost in the fog!!

I shall reply in song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

this reminds me of the days of five hours of MT-USA on rte2 tv with vincent hanly :)... ah the memories....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

The Lotus Eaters - The First Picture of You

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Does nobody remember how good Irish bands were back in the day....:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Jimmyboss wrote: »
    Does nobody remember how good Irish bands were back in the day....:cool:

Damn right....heres a few more....

Cactus World News @ Self Aid ....*I remember that song, "let's make it work"...christ, we thought we had it bad then!!!..think we need another self-aid concert..great concert that was...think it was @ the RDS.....*

another song sung at self-aid...absolutely massive this song was at the time...

you've got me going now...off to find a few more Irish bands I completely forgot about....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Bought this on CD for my dad in the late 80's, ended up inheriting it, it remains a treasured possession & a fantastic listening experience.

I remember a letter to the Times some years ago (I paraphrase somewhat) about how the writer was in a record shop debating whether to buy an Elgar CD or "The Greatest Punk Compilation Ever".
    He wondered if this was a sign of getting old.

This is goosebump stuff though, especially when you consider Jacqueline Du Pre's tragic end.

The Seekers farewell concert, July 7 1968. Three weeks later I said farewell and went off to be a stenographer in Zambia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

The Seekers farewell concert, July 7 1968. Three weeks later I said farewell and went off to be a stenographer in Zambia.

Meanwhile in Ireland..

I was being born :p

Advertisement