Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any reliable mediums in co.Laois

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Obaraten wrote: »
    Not a request for me but a friend who has been to one before called "Christine" and found her quite good.

That's Christine Holohan, isn't it? She's the only medium I can think of in Laois. I think she's based in Stradbally there. She has a very good reputation alright. Her number is listed here (scroll down list using little grey bar on the right): http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

That's Christine Holohan, isn't it? She's the only medium I can think of in Laois. I think she's based in Stradbally there. She has a very good reputation alright. Her number is listed here (scroll down list using little grey bar on the right): http://www.paranormal.ie/directory.html
    is there not someone in Mountmellick ,i'll have to ask my sister!?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

No. but I have always wondered.
    Collective noun,
    is it a group/posse/gaggle/caravan/cartel of

mediums
    Or
    Media
    Or
    Medii ?

:rolleyes:

Reliable Mediums = No unsolved murders QED

Humans eh! wrote: »
    No. but I have always wondered.
    Collective noun,
    is it a group/posse/gaggle/caravan/cartel of

mediums
    Or
    Media
    Or
    Medii ?

:rolleyes:

My dearest comrade, you have raised a very pertinent question to which most of humanity must long to know the answer.

In a world of ideal grammar, we'd probably call the caravan-load of them 'media'.
    Reliable Mediums = No unsolved murders QED

Funny you should bring that up, because Christine Holohan has apparently assisted the Gardai in murder and suicide cases in the past. I don't know any more details beyond that though. Probably confidential.

jonbravo wrote: »
    is there not someone in Mountmellick ,i'll have to ask my sister!?

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about her. Gina in Mountmellick. Her number is listed on the following page, if you scroll down to the post by gina1969 on 27 Feb 2011 at 23:45pm: http://rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumView/0/ForumThread/1755746/Default.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

In a world of ideal grammar, we'd probably call the caravan-load of them 'media'.

Funny you should bring that up, because Christine Holohan has apparently assisted the Gardai in murder and suicide cases in the past. I don't know any more details beyond that though. Probably confidential.

Thanks Jim, how about a coach full of psychics on a mystery tour?
    A foregone conclusion perhaps?
    :D

RE Garda assist: any links or references ?

Thats my problem, if it were a 'reliable' phenomena it wouldn't be full of apparent assistance and hit and miss guesswork with negligible successes . And what better way to instill crime prevention into the public if the police could tap into post mortem assistants. like the PSI division of Mega City One

If it did produce tangible results wouldn't it be much more publicised and more lucrative for the media in general. They usually like to charge.

Sorry but I am firmly of the 'charlatan' viewpoint. My friend goes to these chancers all the time and has done some incredibly silly things on their recommendations.

Thanks Jim, how about a coach full of psychics on a mystery tour?
    A foregone conclusion perhaps?
    :D

RE Garda assist: any links or references ?

Thats my problem, if it were a 'reliable' phenomena it wouldn't be full of apparent assistance and hit and miss guesswork with negligible successes . And what better way to instill crime prevention into the public if the police could tap into post mortem assistants. like the PSI division of Mega City One

If it did produce tangible results wouldn't it be much more publicised and more lucrative for the media in general. They usually like to charge.

Sorry but I am firmly of the 'charlatan' viewpoint. My friend goes to these chancers all the time and has done some incredibly silly things on their recommendations.

Yeah, I understand that many people think psychics/mediums are all chancers or frauds trying to make a quick buck. But one there's one thing I wonder about... If I was Christine Holohan and I announced to the press (I think she was on the Late Late Show a few years ago as well when Prat Kenny was presenting it) that I assisted the Gardai with their investigations, wouldn't I land myself in seriously hot water for making a claim as audacious as that?

You might find the following links concerning what Holohan does to be of interest:

From the Eve-nin Hedalddd:
    http://www.herald.ie/national-news/raonaid-killer-lives-near-the-murder-scene-claims-psychic-1939418.html

http://www.thesupernaturalworld.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12432

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/tm_objectid=17610304&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=psychic-called-in-to-find-nicola-name_page.html

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MY+STARDUST+BLAZE+SECRET%3B+Seer+torments+herself+for+being+powerless...-a0153838901

Her book 'A Voice From The Grave' probably also features her work in greater detail (as subjective as it may be).

Anyway, I suppose if you're really that concerned about the veracity of Holohan's work, you could always give her a call yourself and express your concerns.

EDIT: Didn't have to explain the genesis of my username after all...

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about her. Gina in Mountmellick. Her number is listed on the following page, if you scroll down to the post by gina1969 on 27 Feb 2011 at 23:45pm: http://rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumView/0/ForumThread/1755746/Default.aspx

i was told she is very good...a waiting list of 6 mouths[ could be wrong now].
    i'll get a review all the same for the laugh, for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

jonbravo wrote: »
    i was told she is very good...a waiting list of 6 mouths[ could be wrong now].
    i'll get a review all the same for the laugh, for anyone interested.

did you get a review of her jon?

intouch44 wrote: »
    did you get a review of her jon?
    i did try bring it up with my sister...at one point, she's flat out with a new-born baby at Mo...... so no not yet.
    i will bring it up again - ASAP for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 tiaxxx

Im going to see her next week..has anybody been recently? had to wait about a month so will post how I get on.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tiaxxx

I went to see her 2 wks ago and she's a lovley Lady and I found her good..spot on with what was going on in my life at the moment,she described my niece to me and what her favorite animal was which I didnt know at the time.turned out to be true. She has Has anybody been to her and if so what were your experiences..?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Your experience speaks about one can give her a try. She doesn't appears to be that bad psychic medium from your explanation.

Umm! Do you have any words for people here calling jokes over psychics?

Advertisement