Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken pox AGAIN

Options
  • 04-03-2011 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

My tonsils have been giving me major trouble for a while now and I am told I will be getting them out in the next month or two. Had another bad spell of fever and pain and took today off work now I have chicken pox too. My immune systym is obviously shot... Have any of you experienced this? y bro also had the pox twice and shingles but dont htink its a family thing... My son had it 2 weeks ago so I guess I got it from him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Specifically about chicken pox? or just other things most people only get once?

I've had chicken pox, german measles, mumps (3 times) and whooping cough (twice but it comes back with bad colds).

You can only get the shingles if you'd had chicken pox previously afaik, my father got the shingles there before Christmas (seems stress brought it on).

Have you had chicken pox before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

star-pants wrote: »
    Specifically about chicken pox? or just other things most people only get once?

I've had chicken pox, german measles, mumps (3 times) and whooping cough (twice but it comes back with bad colds).

You can only get the shingles if you'd had chicken pox previously afaik, my father got the shingles there before Christmas (seems stress brought it on).

Have you had chicken pox before?

yes had it as a child, possibly only a mild dose.. and this is only mild too. its jsut i have tonsilitus on top of it so took me a while to notice i had it. Just wondered does anyone know why they got it again.

Did you not have nay vaccinations for those other ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I didn't think you could get chicken pox again, Has the doctor said it's definitely chicken pox?
    (just given that you're supposed to be immune to chicken pox after having it, but that because it does remain in your system it can resurface as shingles)

I did, I had the MMR, whooping cough vacc (twice, hence I got the cough twice).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

star-pants wrote: »
    I didn't think you could get chicken pox again, Has the doctor said it's definitely chicken pox?
    (just given that you're supposed to be immune to chicken pox after having it, but that because it does remain in your system it can resurface as shingles)

I did, I had the MMR, whooping cough vacc (twice, hence I got the cough twice).

Yup you can its not common but yep... Shingles I believe the rash is only on one part of body where as chicken pox is all over.

Advertisement