Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KITCHEN PROBLEMS!

Options
  • 04-03-2011 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Got a new kitchen recently, with which I have a good few issues, which another fitter of theirs has tried to sort but not very well. I was waiting for a senior person from the kitchen crowed to address my complaint which I wrote to them to come and tell me that was the best they could do and instead they have passed the 20% balance that I owe them to a Debt Collector!!! Is that even legal? Any advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You are stating that the kitchen company has failed to honour their side of the contract you both entered into when you agreed for them to supply your kitchen.

If you still think the kitchen is 'not as described', or 'not fit for purpose', write to the suppler again and tell them you are rejecting it and state what you want them to do to put it right. State that you are aware that the company has deemed the kitchen to be satisfactory and because of this you are willing to employ an independent person to evaluate the kitchen.

State that if the kitchen is not recified to the standard you ask for that you will lodge a claim with the small claims court.

(is the value of the kitchen or the work needed to fix it below the 2000euro scc level?)

You may have to shell out got for the report but may win the case if the judge agrees with you.

Do not deal with the debt collectors, even to just to confirm your name. If you have to speak to them, tell them you are taking a legal route with the company you entered into contract and do not recognise their company as a debtor.

The small claims court will cost 15euro and there is no guarantee you will win but from now on keep everything in writing and only deal with the most senior person you can in the suppliers business.

Hopefully, when the supplier realises you are serious they will offer to fix your kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fussymoll

Thanks for your response. I'm going to write to them again. Fingers crossed! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

As always, it's a bit more hassle but use registered mail

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement