Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large skylight/roof window

Options
  • 04-03-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys ,
    I have never posted here but Im doing a bit of renovating ,I have a large extension on the kitchen and Im looking to put a large roof window in to capture extra light (83x140 frame) approx in the roof.

I have been looking at Velux and Fakro and I have picked out a window I like ,how much will one of these cost? I cannot find prices on any websites.

Replies appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The price will vary depending on glass type but you'll find the RRP here - scroll down to about page 19 of the PDF

78 x 140cm seems to be the closest to your size

You might be able to haggle a bit with the retailers :)

Moved to prices/costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

I have just installed M06 Velux windows (which are the same width but a little shorter than the size you are referring to) and they aren't very big. Have you measured out the space available and the actual size of the window you are planning to put in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

LoTwan wrote: »
    I have just installed M06 Velux windows (which are the same width but a little shorter than the size you are referring to) and they aren't very big. Have you measured out the space available and the actual size of the window you are planning to put in?

Yeah ,thanks for the replies guys the fitting dimensions are (775x1377)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

muffler wrote: »
    The price will vary depending on glass type but you'll find the RRP here - scroll down to about page 19 of the PDF

78 x 140cm seems to be the closest to your size

You might be able to haggle a bit with the retailers :)

Moved to prices/costs.

Thanks for that link ,there's a bigger window there that I think I'll get (134 x 140) that's exactly what Im looking for to maximise the amount of light coming into the kitchen and it's motorised too ,excellent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Velux all the way baby,they are the best and most durable.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement