Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married Life

Options
  • 04-03-2011 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭

For the ould marrieds,is this how it goes?:

Mrs CML; "I'm thinking of doing this course on" -worthwhile artistic course-.

CML: "That sounds good" (I wonder is she going to eat all those chips)

Mrs CML: "It's only -small sum of sum of money - and it's also Fetac level 6."

CML: "Mmm" (I'm nearly finished and she has all those chips).

Mrs CML: "And it's a good fit for my degree and also you'd get some work out of it afterwards"

CML: "Yeah ,that's true". (They'll be gone cold soon,I'll just take one).

Mrs CML: "Do you want those chips?".

CML:Thanks. (RESULT!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How would you get work out of it? Or does she mean cleaning up while she develops a whole new career?

Are there any chips left?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

looksee wrote: »
    How would you get work out of it? Or does she mean cleaning up while she develops a whole new career?

Are there any chips left?

My god! That's what she meant!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

cml387 wrote: »
    CML:Thanks. (RESULT!)

At least you have the manners to wait until you're asked. Mine are nicked right off the plate before I've even had the chance to stab him with my fork!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

it's all down to disproportionate portioning if you ask me...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

We laid down ground rules. You can't nick anything off another plate till you have finished your own. At that point anything still on the table becomes fair game.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

The best strategy is along the lines of..2 chips in your mouth, 2 in your hand, 2 on the fork, a few on the plate, and keep your eye on a few...simultaneously. Women do this much better 'cos men can only do one thing at a time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

FoxT wrote: »
    The best strategy is along the lines of..2 chips in your mouth, 2 in your hand, 2 on the fork, a few on the plate, and keep your eye on a few...simultaneously. Women do this much better 'cos men can only do one thing at a time...

Ah now...in all fairness they can eat and not listen at the same time! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The 'man eats chips off womans plate' scene is only revenge for when they were courting, and whenever he asked if she wanted chips with her burger she said no. Then proceeded to eat all his: 'Ill just have one...'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

Oryx wrote: »
    The 'man eats chips off womans plate' scene is only revenge for when they were courting, and whenever he asked if she wanted chips with her burger she said no. Then proceeded to eat all his: 'Ill just have one...'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

OldGoat wrote: »
    We laid down ground rules. You can't nick anything off another plate till you have finished your own. At that point anything still on the table becomes fair game.

Ground rules sound good, in my house it's a case of first to the trough licks everything, endgame.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement