Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Mourinho 'escapes knife attack'

• 04-03-2011 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

A man armed with a dagger is reported to have tried to stab Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho as he signed autographs in a Spanish airport.

A member of the club's security staff was said to have received a 4cm (1.5in) stab wound in the incident at La Coruna in Galicia, northern Spain.

The incident happened last Friday but has only just been reported by the Cadena Ser news channel.

It is not clear if Mr Mourinho was aware of the attack at the time.

Cadena Ser says the security staff member did not realise he had been stabbed until he was on the team bus.

However, security cameras at the airport may have captured the incident, it says.

Quoting a source at Real Madrid, Cadena Ser says the club has increased security for its game against Racing Santander this weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12651240

Damn maniac, wonder if the lunatic is sleeping with the fishes ATM.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭sonic85

the staff member had a 1.5 inch stab wound and didnt realise it? was he not bleeding did he feel no pain? seems like a bit of a bullsh!t story to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

sonic85 wrote: »
    the staff member had a 1.5 inch stab wound and didnt realise it? was he not bleeding did he feel no pain? seems like a bit of a bullsh!t story to me.
    Adrenaline. Ever heard of it?

I don't know why you're so quick to dismiss the whole story tbh based on that little piece of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

It is fairly obvious his bodyguard was Chuck Norris.

Adrenaline. Ever heard of it?

I don't know why you're so quick to dismiss the whole story tbh based on that little piece of information.

yeah ive heard of adrenaline - that doesnt explain why he didnt notice bleeding. unless it was a 1.5 inch scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Had the misfortune to be in a bar room brawl at one point in my life, easily 25 men going at it for 5 mins. Broke my hand but didnt realise for about 15-20 mins until i actually noticed the bone almost broke the skin. Saturday before xmas too, 9 hours in casualty :cool:

Adrenaline was running, to this day dont know how it happened (held my own fine, was actually working at the time and several big lads as colleagues), i empathise with the guy who got stabbed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

yeah ive heard of adrenaline - that doesnt explain why he didnt notice bleeding. unless it was a 1.5 inch scratch

For a man that was quick enough to identify a potential attacker, act on his initiative, and throw himself in the way, it would strike me as fairly odd that he didnt noticed that he had been stabbed. Now Im no doctor or detective, however even I could tell you that a sharp pain coupled with rapid bleeding shortly after intercepting a man with a knife may infact suggest a stabbing has occured. In fact I would imagine, that having intercepted a knife wielding looper, that the first concern of those in the vicinity after the lad had been aprehended would have been for the well being of the man who prevented the attack, and the wound would hence have been noticed

What was Mourinho doing in Limerick anyway?

EDIT: Not disputing the affect of adrenaline as described above, however this story dosent seem to add up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Probably had to hear Jose talk sh*t about him being the special one for half an hour, he wouldn't have noticed being hit by a car the way Jose talks sometimes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

If Jose actually escaped a knife attack and didn't know it even happened then this story might have some credibility.How can you nearly be stabbed and not see the knife nor attacker nor the incident ???

tommyhaas wrote: »
    For a man that was quick enough to identify a potential attacker, act on his initiative, and throw himself in the way, it would strike me as fairly odd that he didnt noticed that he had been stabbed. Now Im no doctor or detective, however even I could tell you that a sharp pain coupled with rapid bleeding shortly after intercepting a man with a knife may infact suggest a stabbing has occured. In fact I would imagine, that having intercepted a knife wielding looper, that the first concern of those in the vicinity after the lad had been aprehended would have been for the well being of the man who prevented the attack, and the wound would hence have been noticed

What was Mourinho doing in Limerick anyway?

EDIT: Not disputing the affect of adrenaline as described above, however this story dosent seem to add up

I can only imagine that the size of the wound may be exaggerated a little but before my experience i would have believed the same as you. What happens is a series of physiological changes that includes the release of endorphins, have you heard of 'fight or flee' response when the body fears for its life?, basically the body releases these endorphins (or strong pain killers) into the bloodstream. And the body will not return to normal until the event in question has calmed down. I actually carried on working for 5-10 mins until someone pointed out that my hand didnt look right, weird but true.

Seems odd that the story hasnt come out until now mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

d22ontour wrote: »
    If Jose actually escaped a knife attack and didn't know it even happened then this story might have some credibility.How can you nearly be stabbed and not see the knife nor attacker nor the incident ???

Stabbed from a blindspot and a huge crowd of people maybe?

• Advertisement

a lot of this story doesnt add up to be honest. id imagine there were loads of witnessess. how did it take a week for this to make it into the media? if the mans intention was to stab jose it surely wouldve been all over spanish papers and tv the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Lucky Jose and the security guard got away without being killed. Im always banging on about another Monica Seles style incident happening in football. Football fans are more deranged than ever. The amount of psychopaths running on to the field of play lately is disturbing. I know this incident was away from football but it shows how deranged fans are. The authorities need to start banning clubs with supporters on the pitch even if its some nutjob celebrating a goal. I feel there is going to be a major incident soon and of course the authorities are still away with the fairies. Even "normal" fans dont seem to accept that the security of the players is a serious problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

CorkMan wrote: »
    It is fairly obvious his bodyguard was Chuck Norris.

The knife is understood to be recovering in hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It happened last Friday and it's only hitting the news today?
    You'd think this would be splashed across the papers the very next day

I don't find it strange to get stabbed and not be aware of how serious it is. As said adrenaline plays a part.
    I cut open my hand out on the farm and have a scar to this day and never noticed until I walked home. Bleeding away with my hand in my pocket but never noticed.
    I'm not tough, just adrenaline kicking in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

daithijjj wrote: »
    Had the misfortune to be in a bar room brawl at one point in my life, easily 25 men going at it for 5 mins. Broke my hand but didnt realise for about 15-20 mins until i actually noticed the bone almost broke the skin. Saturday before xmas too, 9 hours in casualty :cool:

Adrenaline was running, to this day dont know how it happened (held my own fine, was actually working at the time and several big lads as colleagues), i empathise with the guy who got stabbed.

This is a better story than Maureen not getting stabbed tbh.

maybe knife is a euphemism for penis. maybe the culprit was trying to ride mourinho not stab him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

daithijjj wrote: »
    I can only imagine that the size of the wound may be exaggerated a little but before my experience i would have believed the same as you. What happens is a series of physiological changes that includes the release of endorphins, have you heard of 'fight or flee' response when the body fears for its life?, basically the body releases these endorphins (or strong pain killers) into the bloodstream. And the body will not return to normal until the event in question has calmed down. I actually carried on working for 5-10 mins until someone pointed out that my hand didnt look right, weird but true.

Seems odd that the story hasnt come out until now mind.

Yea Im not disputing your point at all, just that it would seem unusual that it wasent noticed by anyone. As you said yourself, you didnt notice a broken hand in a bar room brawl, and its easy to see how know one eles noticed it, but a man with a stab wound in an airport? Regardless of the effects of adrenaline, you would assume someone would have noticed it (particularly in a profession where the slighest strain can put a man out of work for weeks)

Obviously I dont know the facts, but I would imagine the story has been greatly exaggerated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

It was probably a Madrid fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

It was obviously one of the Barca fanboi's from boards enraged at all the attention Jose gets in their match threads. Ronaldo will be next.

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Yea Im not disputing your point at all, just that it would seem unusual that it wasent noticed by anyone. As you said yourself, you didnt notice a broken hand in a bar room brawl, and its easy to see how know one eles noticed it, but a man with a stab wound in an airport? Regardless of the effects of adrenaline, you would assume someone would have noticed it (particularly in a profession where the slighest strain can put a man out of work for weeks)

Obviously I dont know the facts, but I would imagine the story has been greatly exaggerated

Yes, probably is exagerated. As you say, we dont know the facts here to a great extent. Still though, hard to fathom why it would be completely untrue either. It seems more reports are awaited. All i could imagine is that he has some damn good security guards around him and in the melee to get an autograph maybe onlookers didnt notice. Will be interested to see if more comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Lots of stab victims say that they barely feel anything and only realise later that their clothes is wet with blood. Many mistake it in pubs and clubs as somebody bumping into them and spilling a drink on them.

Advertisement