Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to running... PROPERLY this time!

Options
  • 04-03-2011 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Ok I am officially going back to running after running on and off for a few months. Need to get myself back into shape and I'd like to lose a few pounds (nothing drastic just about 6-8lbs). Also I'm running the womens mini marathon in june and really want to complete it in under an hour, fingers crossed I can do it :)

Been reading lots of other logs and they've really got me motivated to start my own. Won't be running every day (too busy atm) but hopefully having to post here will make me stick at it.

Starting my journal/log tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭PocketWatch

Woke up early even though its a saturday (my lie-in day taken from me!!) and was so optimistic about going for a run. Ran 4.3 km at a reasonable pace. Not too fast but not slow either.

Started the day on a good note, happy now!

Woke up at 8.30 all prepared, clothes sitting and everything out then I opened the curtains and BAM. lashing rain and windy. So I put it off and put it off and procrastinated; trying to wait until the rain stopped but no joy, it was still lashing an hour later so I grabbed my runners and went out anyway. Only for a short run for 20 mins but I had such a feeling of satisfaction after it!

Just quick update : went for run today and achieved my best time yet!!! 4.3 km in 24 mins... might not be world class standard but it's my fastest time ever!! :D

Gonna reward myself with some pancakes later mmmm :p (and undo all my good work haha)

Advertisement