Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maguire's Pub

Options
  • 04-03-2011 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Went into Maguires last Tuesday night and have to say I was impressed. Lovely bar and the owner and bar maid were very friendly. Best of luck to them. Might it kick start a revival of Connaught Street. Here's hoping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

brave man in this climate. best of luck all the same. its a shame to see so many places closing

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭shano

Very impressed with this place. It's very nicely fitted out and there's a fine selection of foreign beers too. Will definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

shano wrote: »
    Very impressed with this place. It's very nicely fitted out and there's a fine selection of foreign beers too. Will definitely be back.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

Yes also visited this pub last wekend.

Have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the experience.
    No one there apart from meself and the missis, friendly barman who offered us a taste of the brew.........glad to see they retained a snug of sorts and the best of luck to them.

But then again I still remember the old maguires, and and the darkness and the snug and the light from the Guiness pelican....aaaaa dont get me goin..........sound as a bell !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Was in it once, received a frosty reception. the guy on the door stepped across in front of the door blocking our entrance, looked us up and down for a bit, before relectantly letting us in.

An accountant and a local business person, not exactly scumbags!

Then we went in had 1 pint and left. No warmth or athmosphere in the place. like martin said, underwhelmed with the place.

But hopefully that was a once off, and that business goes well.

There is a few gems of pubs up there on Connacht Street. Was in The Connacht Lounge one night a few weeks back, great craic with the barman and his wife, gorgeous pints of guinness.

Definitely an experience to be had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Was in it once, received a frosty reception. the guy on the door stepped across in front of the door blocking our entrance, looked us up and down for a bit, before relectantly letting us in.

An accountant and a local business person, not exactly scumbags!

Then we went in had 1 pint and left. No warmth or athmosphere in the place. like martin said, underwhelmed with the place.

But hopefully that was a once off, and that business goes well.

There is a few gems of pubs up there on Connacht Street. Was in The Connacht Lounge one night a few weeks back, great craic with the barman and his wife, gorgeous pints of guinness.

Definitely an experience to be had!

Very similar thing happened to me one night going in there.

Advertisement