Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate keys for steam

Options
  • 05-03-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭

Steam havent replied to me about this matter so im hoping someone can help me here

I bought black ops (pc) on adverts and the seller has already registered the product code so hence i cant install the game (he was very apologetic about this)

Is there any thing that can be done to help me install this game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A:Leave house buy the game.

B:Go to steam buy the game.

C: Buy bulletstorm/Arma 2

i would go with C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Headshot wrote: »
    Steam havent replied to me about this matter so im hoping someone can help me here

I bought black ops (pc) on adverts and the seller has already registered the product code so hence i cant install the game (he was very apologetic about this)

How long have you waited? From my experience it can be 2 hours or 2 days. My advice is to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,379 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How long have you waited? From my experience it can be 2 hours or 2 days. My advice is to get a refund.

waiting a few hours now

ill get a refund, pity to because I thought I got a great deal on the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

If you make it to gamestop I think they were selling it for 25 for the pc if you can't have a look on there online site and get it posted to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I have heard remote cases of people paying a transfer fee to move a game between accounts though I can't verify it. At this stage you'd be as well off just trying to get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this happened to me but the user only had the game i bought on the account so he gave it to me

great news the seller gave me his account

so im playing cod now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

great news the seller gave me his account

so im playing cod now

Not so bad, just make sure you change the password and authenticate it against your e-mail address. Though to be honest I would still use a separate account for any future purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry but this is lol. Sellimg second hand steam game... Prety much when you buy game with steam platform, you pay not for disch woth content, but for 16 digit serial number.

Be carefull with buying second hand pc games. You got lucky with seller m8, very lucky, he could just show you a finger and say you bought it...

sorry to bump this thread but my question wasnt worth a new thread

just logged into my account for the 1st time this week and for some reason crysis 2 demo is downloaded in it :confused:

Seems strange to me because my proper account has crysis 2 already downloaded in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

It automatically detects installed games, if this is a free game, it's added to the account.

It automatically detects installed games, if this is a free game, it's added to the account.

oh right thanks venom

Advertisement