Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links, Elm Park

Options
  • 05-03-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

http://www.property.ie/property-to-let/128-The-Links-Elmpark-Merrion-Road-Merrion-Dublin-4/1011308/

Anyone heard any reviews about the place?? I posted up a few years ago this place and never took it up then.. it's back on the rental market again so I'm wondering if anyone knows much about the place.

The price seems abit steep to be honest for a rental. Although it looks fantastic(Marketing shots I know!)

Any help or that would be appreciated. Looking for something for the start of April.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

As far as I know NAMA own it, it's a ghost town.

A 2 bed apt for 1800, no wonder were fecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Falcon.ie

whitesands wrote: »
    As far as I know NAMA own it, it's a ghost town.

A 2 bed apt for 1800, no wonder were fecked.

Is there a way to check if Nama do?? If so I'd assume the holding company are letting some of the Apartments alot cheaper somewhere else?? I had a Drive around the place and it seems the Very End of the 5 buildings has tenants. The 2 blocks in front are completely empty. Seems to be a ghost town alright. Shame as it's a fantastic build..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Falcon.ie wrote: »
    Is there a way to check if Nama do?? If so I'd assume the holding company are letting some of the Apartments alot cheaper somewhere else?? I had a Drive around the place and it seems the Very End of the 5 buildings has tenants. The 2 blocks in front are completely empty. Seems to be a ghost town alright. Shame as it's a fantastic build..

Do you have an Android phone? You can use Layer + Namaland to check if the building is owned by Nama.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

draffodx wrote: »
    Do you have an Android phone? You can use Layer + Namaland to check if the building is owned by Nama.

Not superbly accurate ive found, but funny non the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My friend is in one of these, It is indeed Namafied. The place is pretty much a ghosttown, He is paying 1400 pm direct to an owner landlord. I believe heating and hot water is included in this charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I lived there for 6 months nearly 2 years ago, it's a total ghost town but the apartments are very nice and the underground car park is great, I was paying €1000 for a 1 bedroom with my girlfriend.... it's a bit lifeless but we had a nice view over the golf course which was very nice to wake up to.

The building is very modern with heating & A/C, think there are some very smart features which keep the bills down as it was very cheap while we were there.

Go view an apartment and see what you think?

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

It costs more because it has a great view of the sea and the bay. It looks a great place but as a person that travels past it a lot, i can tell you the place literally stinks. There used to be a strong smell either the sea or from sewerage only during the summer but now its all year round. Check the place out though, it could be worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AdrianWanderman

As I am writing this comment, my ear is in so much pain listening to a very amplified noise from children playing either front or back of the building (happens throughout the year). I have been living here in the Links, Elm Park, for more than 4 years now because it is close to our work. Anyway, to balance my review I would say both the positive and negative experiences I had.

Positive: This is a high quality built apartment. Massive doors, centralised heating which means throughout the year the entire building is heated (up to you to keep it on during summer, you will roast. During winter you won't feel the cold, floor heating makes the building always warm, even in the hallway. Has a basement car park. Very close to amenities, shops, transportation, gym, UCD, RTE, Hospitals, businesses, seaside for a walk, etc. Management maintenance is responsive and will make things done on time. Good security uses fob access for the entrance, security key for the main door, CCTV's and security on duty 24/7. Beautiful views, especially if you are living from the 2nd floor and above.

Negative: If you are someone who wants to live here long-term or buy and settle in this place, my answer is a big NO! It will be a nightmare because of the never-ending noise of children playing either front or back. They keep screaming endlessly. I and my housemates work night shifts in the hospital, it is our constant struggle to sleep due to the noise. This noise is more increased when the sun is out or in the summer. Because of the heat, you want to open the windows to get some cold air but the noise gets louder, if you closed the windows, you will feel like being roasted inside the oven. So difficult to rest and sleep. The iRes Landlord keep increasing the rent fee each year and you have no say. Their management will make it difficult for you to request a replacement to lost access fob or request additional keys or access fob for your housemate. They charged me 20-40 euros for an access swipe replaced. They keep asking for unnecessary documents like payslips, bank statements, PPSN, for any new housemate. Only one carpark per unit. If you are all professionals living, the rest will have to find carpark space for rent (around 100euro each month).

Advertisement