Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A TV Pageant - The Golden Jubilee Commemorations of the 1916 Rising

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

interesting read, thanks for that.

Im hoping the 100 year anniversary something special is done, hopefully the country will be in a far better place, but who knows!

Can anybody tell me where id find the programmes and interviews with participants of the rising that this passage makes reference too? I have seen some footage and would be happy if i could find more to watch!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

interesting read, thanks for that.

Im hoping the 100 year anniversary something special is done, hopefully the country will be in a far better place, but who knows!

Can anybody tell me where id find the programmes and interviews with participants of the rising that this passage makes reference too? I have seen some footage and would be happy if i could find more to watch!

Thanks

http://www.rte.ie/laweb/ll/ll_t06_main.html

RTÉ's Library and Archive's page contains some clips from the Golden Jubilee but unfortunately they're very low quality and almost all the clips are only 2 to 3 minutes long.

The comments on the original article contain links to some of the radio documentaries aired by RTÉ during the commemorations.

It does raise a wider question of why RTÉ don't make more use of their archive and hopefully, as you said, RTÉ will put a similar effort into the 100th anniversary in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

I have a copy of the RTV Guide for the 1966 commemorations shown on the page.

Would love to see RTE produce a DVD of some of the programmes from the 1966 celebrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

I have a copy of the RTV Guide for the 1966 commemorations shown on the page.

Would love to see RTE produce a DVD of some of the programmes from the 1966 celebrations.

That's a great souvenir to have Johnny. I read through it, and some other old RTV Guides, in the newspaper archive in the National Library.

It would be fantastic if RTÉ produced a DVD on the 1966 celebrations. I just hope the tapes are still in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Thanks for the links, would be great to see a DVD of rare footage and interviews, best way to learn about the rising is to read and hear what the participants have to say about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I would imagine something like Insurrection would sell well on DVD, especially coming up to 2016.

Advertisement