Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Eircom Broadband?

Options
  • 05-03-2011 1:26am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

how long does it take to cancel eircom broadband and the phone line with eircom?, were asking this because of the new policies eircom have announced.

Every eircom customer received a card with the change in pricing information. we can't get ngb broadband so why is there all this information about the 'great' deals eircom have? It is misleading to see eircom do this.

Our contract is over a year ago. Will we enter a new contract if we stay with eircom when these prices come into effect?

How long/much does it take just to remove DSL from the line aswell?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    how long does it take to cancel eircom broadband and the phone line with eircom?, were asking this because of the new policies eircom have announced.

Every eircom customer received a card with the change in pricing information. we can't get ngb broadband so why is there all this information about the 'great' deals eircom have? It is misleading to see eircom do this.

Our contract is over a year ago. Will we enter a new contract if we stay with eircom when these prices come into effect?

How long/much does it take just to remove DSL from the line aswell?

Thank you

Hi Mr_ Grumpy
    Our apologies if you found this mis-leading. Yes unfortunately some customers do not have access to the NGB roll-out.
    The change of prices does not affect your contract. To enter into a new contract you would have to have made changes within your own eircom account.

You will need to telephone 1901 for broadband cancellation.

If you wish you can PM me your line details and I can let you know about possible charges or no chrages to you account. If your contract period has already ended then no charges will be applied.
    Hope this answers your query. If not or if you have any further questions just let me know.
    Tony

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi Mr_ Grumpy
    Our apologies if you found this mis-leading. Yes unfortunately some customers do not have access to the NGB roll-out.
    The change of prices does not affect your contract. To enter into a new contract you would have to have made changes within your own eircom account.

You will need to telephone 1901 for broadband cancellation.

If you wish you can PM me your line details and I can let you know about possible charges or no chrages to you account. If your contract period has already ended then no charges will be applied.
    Hope this answers your query. If not or if you have any further questions just let me know.
    Tony

Yes, it is indeed misleading to say all these benfits ilots of people can't avail of.

Why does it take 4 weeks to cancel the broadband

Yes, it is indeed misleading to say all these benfits ilots of people can't avail of.

Why does it take 4 weeks to cancel the broadband
    Hi Grumpy
    This time is the standard time with most providers and is designed to facilitate both customer and provider. This time period is a requirement particularly when transferring Broadband from one provider to another. It allows a hand over which should ensure customer does not lose connection within the transfer action and allows billing to process final costs and all outstanding charges.
    Hope this answers yoru question.
    Tony

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi Grumpy
    This time is the standard time with most providers and is designed to facilitate both customer and provider. This time period is a requirement particularly when transferring Broadband from one provider to another. It allows a hand over which should ensure customer does not lose connection within the transfer action and allows billing to process final costs and all outstanding charges.
    Hope this answers yoru question.
    Tony

I'm moving my line to VoIP and have alternative broadband, the provider says it takes 2-4 weeks to transfer over to them, they don't have a dsl broadband service. Does this mean I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the line to be moved over?

I'm moving my line to VoIP and have alternative broadband, the provider says it takes 2-4 weeks to transfer over to them, they don't have a dsl broadband service. Does this mean I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the line to be moved over?

Hi Mr_Grumpy
    I am not sure about this. You should ask your provider to clarify this for you.
    Normally it takes approx 28 days to transfer over from one provider to another. You have some circumstances which may complicate the move but I don't see why it should take lonker than the standard 28 days.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement