Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL: Liverpool v Manchester United. 6/3/2011, KO 1330.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Think all depends weather Carroll plays or not and weather hes ready and fit for the match.

I wouldnt be pinning too much hope on a guy who hasnt played in months ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Hope to see Suarez use those quick feet of he's and cause that defence some problems, they are there for the taking.

1-0 to the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Jazzy wrote: »
    utd fans defeatist nature coming through "well if we lose at least I win on saying we will lose" :D

naa how can you win when comments like that are made. :)

I <3 the_Internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This silly, meaningless little game just got a sniff of significance after the Arsenal result today. Might give it a watch now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Glad to see there's no goading for Liverpools cup final tomorrow. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Wouldn't mind abit of this tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

adox wrote: »
    Glad to see there's no goading for Liverpools cup final tomorrow. :p

a severe case of ... yawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Just wish they had the match on at a later time than 1:30 in the afternoon. It was the same with the match in Old Trafford and I think the atmosphere would be even better than it already will be with a later kick off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Just popping in for the good match post.

See ye all after this trainwreck!

1-0 united.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

EF wrote: »
    Just wish they had the match on at a later time than 1:30 in the afternoon. It was the same with the match in Old Trafford and I think the atmosphere would be even better than it already will be with a later kick off.

Blame the Police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wouldn't like to be the ref for this one.

Fergie isn't that much of a bully is he? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Do they have a drinks ban in Liverpool for this, as they probably would for Manchester?

Nailz wrote: »
    Do they have a drinks ban in Liverpool for this, as they probably would for Manchester?

I thought it was only city rivalries that forced drink bans. Like United v City and that.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nailz wrote: »

Not as far as I know. Hope not anyways. Wasn't last year iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

EF wrote: »
    Just wish they had the match on at a later time than 1:30 in the afternoon.

The police would disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Trilla wrote: »
    naa how can you win when comments like that are made. :)

I <3 the_Internet

every little victory :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I really hope we win tomorrow. Our defense will be shaky, but I can see both teams conceding. I hope it's a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Yakult wrote: »
    Hope to see Suarez use those quick feet of he's and cause that defence some problems, they are there for the taking.

1-0 to the Pool.
    How are they "there for the taking" United are top of the league and in footballing terms are a country mile ahead of us at present. And tbh their football this season has been dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Mister men wrote: »
    How are they "there for the taking" United are top of the league and in footballing terms are a country mile ahead of us at present. And tbh their football this season has been dire.
    Time to alert the Mods, MM's account has been taken over by someone with common sense :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Strange how this fixture rarely finishes in a draw. Just have a feeling tomorrow will be 1-1 and after Arsenals result today I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement

Strange how this fixture rarely finishes in a draw.

You just fecking jinxed it now!:mad::mad::mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Liverpool will be winning this one, no doubt in my mind. We were so sh!t last week against West Ham that it's just typical that we'll go and beat Utd in the next match.

Andy Carroll will come on and grab the winner. It's all so obvious, it's deprived me of my usual pre-match excitement for this fixture. I'm just looking forward now to the post match glory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

monkey9 wrote: »
    Liverpool will be winning this one, no doubt in my mind. We were so sh!t last week against West Ham that it's just typical that we'll go and beat Utd in the next match.

Andy Carroll will come on and grab the winner. It's all so obvious, it's deprived me of my usual pre-match excitement for this fixture. I'm just looking forward now to the post match glory!

Hate this stuff, anyone who is guaranteeing a win for either team is bonkers, as always this game can go either way. And as for people saying liverpool will definitely win if Carroll is playing, he hasn't played in months, let alone with liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Julez wrote: »
    Hate this stuff, anyone who is guaranteeing a win for either team is bonkers, as always this game can go either way. And as for people saying liverpool will definitely win if Carroll is playing, he hasn't played in months, let alone with liverpool.

On Football Focus, Shearer was saying Kenny never risked him after injury, always sub appearances to get him back to match fitness.

If we are 1-0 down with 20 minutes to go, he might chance him.

Can't wait to see him. Supposed to be flying in training, unmarkable!

It is Liverpool's defence though!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So much to look forward to - starting 11 - atmosphere - first good tackle - first bad tackle - first time ref does utd a favour ---> reaction of fans - first red/pen/goal in that order - the match thread going mental, every 5 mins - ..... so much indeed.
    I am really looking forward to Caroll's debut, at whatever stage - hope he does better than torres's at chelsea.
    I do think the skill level and 'turning' ability of Suarez could be the difference -hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Poll or GTFO.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    first time ref does utd a favour

Excuses before the match has started?

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mister men wrote: »

And?

Im just saying, missing Ferdinand and Vidic is a huge loss to Man Utd so Im pretty optimistic that Liverpool could get something out of the game.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

LOL.

Suppose Webb can't get them all! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Who's the ref for tomorrow?

Big Philly Dowd i think.

Ahh was hoping for good old Howard...

A strong referee for a big game.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

LOL.

not in the slightest fella, it will be interesting how much of a help Dowd will be to ye ( if any ), but I reckon pool will win anyway ! Bring it on!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Julez wrote: »

It really can't go either way! Liverpool are winning this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Liverpool (-1) at 11/2 just seems way too high for a home team even if they are against the top of the table especially considering United have lost two of their last three away and have a huge injury list. Can see pool winning 1-0 or 2-1 but I'd be on the -1 at that huge price. My prediction is going to be 2-0 Liverpool though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Can see pool winning 1-0 or 2-1
    yesno1234 wrote:
    I'd be on the -1 at that huge price.
    yesno1234 wrote:
    My prediction is going to be 2-0 Liverpool though.

tumblr+meme+faces_poker+face.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    tumblr+meme+faces_poker+face.jpg

My prediction is just down to what I'm going to be betting on lol.

Kenny getting a bit of banter in, that's the way it's done lads:

Kenny Dalglish claims referees listen to 'who shouts loudest' | Football | The Observer
    Kenny Dalglish claims referees listen to 'who shouts loudest'

• Liverpool manager adds fuel to United referee row
    • 'We will try to maintain our dignity,' says Dalglish

The Liverpool manager, Kenny Dalglish, jokes with his players in training ahead of the clash with Manchester United. Photograph: John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty

Kenny Dalglish has prepared for the visit of Sir Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney to Anfield by accusing "the ones who shout loudest" of receiving preferential treatment from referees and undermining the Football Association's Respect campaign.

Ferguson is to defend himself against a charge of improper conduct brought against the Manchester United manager following comments about the referee Martin Atkinson at Chelsea on Tuesday and has Rooney available for Sunday's game with Liverpool despite elbowing James McCarthy at Wigan. Rooney is free to assist United's pursuit of a record 19th league title, one more than Liverpool, after the referee Mark Clattenburg prevented the FA taking retrospective action against the striker by insisting he handled the incident correctly at the time. Dalglish did not mention United or Ferguson by name in his allegation of double standards but, while indicating Liverpool could withdraw their co-operation from the Respect campaign, he conceded recent events had fuelled his frustration.

The Liverpool manager said: "There has been a theme about referees for most of this week. When I came back in we were made aware of the Respect campaign that is there to help referees and which, obviously, we have adhered to. We have never come out and criticised the referees after games. It is difficult for them not to make mistakes but if we are going to respect the campaign and we are the ones adhering to it, then I just hope that we are not the ones who are suffering.

"Sometimes you think that the ones who shout loudest are the ones who get the more beneficial decisions and that would be totally unfair. We will respect the campaign as long as we think that we won't be suffering in any way, shape or form. Right at this particular moment in time I cannot say that it is particularly true that we haven't suffered. We will try our best to maintain our dignity and respect for referees but we would also like to think they would show us respect for going along with the guidelines of the campaign."

Dalglish's first game back in charge of Liverpool, in the FA Cup at Old Trafford in January, produced a first-minute penalty for United and an early red card for Steven Gerrard from the referee Howard Webb. The Liverpool manager also believes the authorities have been unfair and inconsistent in punishing match officials.

He added: "We had an incident at Wolves where the lady official [Sian Massey] gave a decision that proved to be correct and she was left out of games thereafter. Why? She did nothing wrong. Now somebody was publicised during the week there, without mentioning any particular incident, and what happens to them? They just continue."

Lights match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Come on Liverpool, even a draw will do. Liverpool to win by the odd goal in three!

Iniesta swapped his jersey with him and Carra was a sub! Iniesta went into the dressing room to swap jerseys with Carra.

Nuff said!

Hope United win 1-0 from a penalty won by a big starfish dive from Rooney. A Liverpool playing being sent off unjustly would be class too.

The craic would be 90.:D

K-9 wrote: »
    Iniesta swapped his jersey with him and Carra was a sub! Iniesta went into the dressing room to swap jerseys with Carra.

Nuff said!
    Could have swore it was Xavi who gave him the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Nuff said!

The next line explains it really:
    I'm pretty sure Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia had told him

:p
    Sounds like they're having a laugh at his(or Iniesta's) expense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Liverpool 0-2 Utd.

Usually it's off an infrequent goalscorer like O'Shea or Brown..so if they're fit and playing I'll go for an early goal from Anderson's patella and a winner after an hour from Evra's eyebrow

The next line explains it really:

:p
    Sounds like they're having a laugh at his(or Iniesta's) expense to me.

Sound of penny dropping!

Ah Carra isn't the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Sound of penny dropping!

Ah Carra isn't the worst!

Ah, yeah, but you can imagine how funny it'd be, innocent little Iniesta coming up to Carragher in the dressing room, Carragher's face going red, neither of them knowing what's going on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

It was Xavi who gave him the shirt, not iniesta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement