Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL: Liverpool v Manchester United. 6/3/2011, KO 1330.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I would be more confident if we had played better against West Ham.

I can see this game been a last minute heartbreak for either side .

A man with long hair nicks it for Luverpool in the 87th minute. Which long haired player you ask ?

Fooked if I know Terry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

We are going to the pub for our first ever 'Mother & Son head to the pub to watch the match' for this one:D (who can afford Skysports in this economy??)

2-1 United:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fittle wrote: »
    We are going to the pub for our first ever 'Mother & Son head to the pub to watch the match' for this one:D (who can afford Skysports in this economy??)

Pick your pub carefully,sometimes even the pub can get nasty when Pool v United are concerned.

A local Hotel bar might be wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

mixednuts wrote: »

Thanks...but doubt there'd be much of an atmosphere at a hotel bar...there's a sports club close enough, we'll give that a try:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You can afford to go to the pub????:D "Pint of blackcurrant please barman"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Johnson to score 1st, Liverpool to win 2-0, 150/1.

:cool:

:pac:
    Mister men wrote: »
    How are they "there for the taking" United are top of the league and in footballing terms are a country mile ahead of us at present. And tbh their football this season has been dire.

Reverse psychology, I like it MM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Time to alert the Mods, MM's account has been taken over by someone with common sense :pac:
    Rumbled at last ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I feared the worst as a Man Utd fan... No D+fence

Lets try sneek a 1-0 win :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

If Berbatov plays today he needs kicking early and kicking hard. He will go hide then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

After our result yesterday, I just know United are going to take full advantage. United -1 is where it's at!

Gerrard now doubtful .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there live commentary on radio? Like on today fm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Liverpool to win or draw, Chelsea to go on and win the title with Torres (Who???) to finish with the golden boot.
    You read it here first. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Gerrard now doubtful .

Hasn't trained apparently but will undergo a late test.

Other rumours - Carroll on the bench, Agger is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

So pissed off I'm going to have to miss this, stupid election.

Come the **** on United, nothing better than beating Liverpool.

So many MAN U friends fans posting their usually tosh on Facebook.

I am so tempted to reply and put all my creditability on line but I will abstain as this is to tight to call .

The temptation , the temptation !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

what channel is it on? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

miralize wrote: »

Take a wild guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Take a wild guess!
    TG4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Fox Sports ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

The DM is usually sound for sports coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Or a neighbour with Sky Sports.........Standard local pub would be a no-no,poor child would be traumatised by the language during the match

K-9 wrote: »
    Sound of penny dropping!

Ah Carra isn't the worst!

Lol, maybe I'm being hopeful but was that deliberate?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2002/jan/28/newsstory.sport1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Take a wild guess!

well given the fact that it could be on espn, setanta, or sky sports, and that its not included in the first post or title like it usually is, i was just wondering if one of you kind gents could provide me with that information, to save me from guessing instead of replying with sarcastic comments that adds no help to my still ongoing search to find out WHAT CHANNEL THE MATCH IS ON :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Sky sports,all the big Sunday games are on sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

well given the fact that it could be on espn, setanta, or sky sports, and that its not included in the first post or title like it usually is, i was just wondering if one of you kind gents could provide me with that information, to save me from guessing instead of replying with sarcastic comments that adds no help to my still ongoing search to find out WHAT CHANNEL THE MATCH IS ON :D

Sunday matches are always on Sky aren't they? And anyway if it's any of these really big matches it'll be on sky.

For future reference, any match involving Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool playing each other will be on Sky Sports.

Why am I filled with so much nervous energy ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

m@cc@ wrote: »
    For future reference, any PREM LEAGUE match involving Arsenal, Chelsea, United or Liverpool playing each other will be on Sky Sports.

fyp;)

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    fyp;)

The pedant in you couldn't resist. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hope United win 1-0 from a penalty won by a big starfish dive from Rooney. A Liverpool playing being sent off unjustly would be class too.

The craic would be 90.:D

So you basically want a repeat of the FA Cup game??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

m@cc@ wrote: »
    The pedant in you couldn't resist. :)

gotta luv the pedant:)

I would love it, just love it if the pool get awarded a dodgy peno or man u have a man sent off. I reckon fergies head will explode!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just read through all the threads and I can see already that it's going to be eventful.

But to sum up most predictions if Liverpool or Utd don't win it will be a draw!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just read through all the threads and I can see already that it's going to be eventful.

But to sum up most predictions if Liverpool or Utd don't win it will be a draw!

Never thought of it that way.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As a United fan I was dreading this game all week. . Arsenal drawing yesterday has taken alot of those nerves away as even if we lose we have only dropped 1 point in the title race.

That aside I just dont know what to expect today. If united can show up with their A game it doesnt really matter what Pool do, they will lose, but all too often this season United have looked like they lost a gear and are stuck in 2nd Gear. In the first half against Chelsea we looked as good and comfortable as we have all season.

But it looks like they didnt consider the fact that Chelsea might actually step things up a notch in the second half and just couldnt get their heads back into the game.

The deciding factors today for me will be -
    • United Defence - How will it cope with the first choice central partnership missing. Evra has been Sh*t all season and his poor form could be multiplied with an uncomfortable starting defence.
    • Central Midfield - We need Carrick and Fletcher to get the thumbs out and start putting in at least controled performances. Not giving the ball away so much would be a nice start.
    • Composure - Where was it in 2nd half v Chelsea ? This is just the kind of game where if you lose your head you will definitely lose the game.
    • Desire - Something that has certainly been in question for me. United have not had to really show urgency due to the consistant underperformance of their rivals.
    • Liverpool's confidence - Usually it doesnt matter much in these games, if anything I nearly always fear Liverpool more after they have suffered some bad results.
    • Liverpool's approach to the game - They dont really have much to play for or nothing to lose and that can work with or against you in these games. In this case I think its a bonus as their team can play with the comfort of knowing if they lose their fans (while dissapointed) know that they are not really that good, but if they win they can lose their final 9 games for all their fans care and they will be heros!
    If United go a goal down we will get to see what sort of Character they are made of and for me it could make or break their season. While it wouldnt be good for the nerves I would nearly prefer them to win 2-1 from a goal down then win 3-0 as I think they would get more out of it psychologically. If they wilt (ala 91-92), I could see they winning nothing, if they win, I could see them going from strength to strength and at the very least winning the EPL.

Any team news ?

it might be something like this

VDS
    Rafael -- OShea -- Small -- Evra(might be injured) who ? Brown/fabio ?
    Nani -- Car -- Fletch -- Ando -- Giggs
    Rooney

Berba might start with Ando on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Team news very soon. Gerrard is in the squad at least.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

56 mins 54 secs....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

NeVeR wrote: »
    Any team news ?

VDS
    Rooney

Brown CB with Smalling I would expect

Brown CB with Smalling I would expect

Ya that sounds possible... and Oshea on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As John Kenny once said
    " had the Sunday dinner last night to have a clean run at the day...":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Would be overjoyed with a draw tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

POOL

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Meireles, Lucas, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt, Suarez

Subs Gulacsi, Poulsen, Kyrgiakos, Spearing, Cole, N'Gog, Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

NeVeR wrote: »
    Any team news ?

VDS
    Rooney

Fergie has said Brown will start in the centre of defence and isn't Ando still injured?

I'd expect something like:

VDS
    O Shea
    Brown
    Smalling
    Evra
    Nani----Fletcher----Scholes----Carrick
    Giggs
    Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

POOL

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Aurelio, Meireles, Lucas, Gerrard, Maxi, Kuyt, Suarez

Subs Gulacsi, Poulsen, Kyrgiakos, Spearing, Cole, N'Gog, Carroll

good team dunno about maxi tho but hey im not complaining

adox wrote: »
    Fergie has said Brown will start in the centre of defence and isn't Ando still injured?

I'd expect something like:

VDS
    O Shea
    Brown
    Smalling
    Evra
    Nani----Fletcher----Scholes----Carrick
    Giggs
    Rooney

Berba will start, he tore Pool apart last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

• Advertisement

Man United team: Van Der Sar, O'Shea, Smalling, Brown, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Rooney

Berba on bench again

that official ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement