Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL: Liverpool v Manchester United. 6/3/2011, KO 1330.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well, here's proof ye dusted off this old relic for the team leaving the stadium:
    image-29-for-gallery-liverpool-fc-vs-ac-milan-champions-league-final-2005-285715880.jpg
    :pac: That should squeeze out another page or two.

That's a fantastic photo, Park Ji Sun. The European Cup paraded in front of the Kop for the fifth time!

Cheers for that!!

Wow wow wow! We really are a fantastic club!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Right lads off to bed for me. No doubt it'll hit 2,000+ by mid morning. Well done Scousers on a well deserved win today.

Enjoy the DVD when it comes out and here's a cup for yeer efforts.:pac:;)

Man_Utd_Merchandise_Plastic_Mug.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

flahavaj wrote: »
    Right lads off to bed for me. No doubt it'll hit 2,000+ by mid morning. Well done Scousers on a well deserved win today.

TRY NOT TO HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT KUYT AND BIG BIRD

whats it like winning a premierleague game?
    same question again but replace game with title?

From experience, winning the title is much better than winning a premierleague (sic) game.

Next question?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

He runs himself into the ground in every game really and he is a far better team player in terms of tracking back than say Ronaldo.

I agree and have said as much many times. But running yourself into the ground isn't the same as playing through a painful injury.
    I just really don't believe that a guy who seesm to want to succeed so much would'nt continue unless he wasn't able. Feigning injury is nasty and cowardly and done to get oposition players in trouble. But wimping out when you're a bit injured is a whole different level as it cheats your own team. I think if he was like that it'd have come to light before now. I remember Fergie being very scathing in his comments about Saha's constant injuries - Nani has been there a long time and if that was in his nature Fergie would have either stamped it out by now, or lost patience and given him the door as he did with Saha. I've never seen anyhting in the past to suggest Nani is a bottler in the sense of crying off a game with an injury.

Does he dive, feign injury on the pitch and cheat on occasion - Yes. Is he lacking in bottle with regards playing on when injured - I say no tbh and I can't see any evidence to suggest otherwise.

He has always struck me as a wimp tbh. The type who would genuinely believe he was injured after he gets a little knock instead of just getting on with it. I believe the feigning injury is very close to actually believing you are hurt. If you go around pretending that you are hurt all the time then you will start to believe it.

Players like Evra who pull themselves together and just shrug off the bad knocks, don't indulge themselves in the wussacting that the likes of Nani do.

Edit: It's all just imo anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Maaaaaa, there's a bitter taste from this mug!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pro. F wrote: »
    What are you saying? You got a problem with something I've posted?

I agree this thread has been great. Everybody arguing with everybody about everything. It's what the SF is for.

Only slagging, very well thought out posts.

Some energy mate!.

Now to post the match report on the superthread and watch Happy Birthday Kenny for the nth time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,528 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

argosy2006 wrote: »

TRY NOT TO HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT KUYT AND BIG BIRD

Still not funny:pac:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

K-9 wrote: »
    Only slagging, very well thought out posts.

Some energy mate!.

Now to post the match report on the superthread and watch Happy Birthday Kenny for the nth time.

Ah I was only having a laugh wit you trying to keep the arguments going :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

LOL at the scousers that think all these comments are worth it..come the end of May. Ye have yer day....... we will have our season dont you worry!

• Advertisement

Argument is spelt argument.

The rest is over-excited rubbish btw. Take a deep breath.

Just not letting the Utd bullsh!t go without response.

The Liverpool thread gets trolled by Man U idiots!!Excuse us if we extend the middle finger to those absolute pricks. (the likes of yourself excluded!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

monkey9 wrote: »
    Just not letting the Utd bullsh!t go without response.

The Liverpool thread gets trolled by Man U idiots!!Excuse us if we extend the middle finger to those absolute pricks. (the likes of yourself excluded!)

By who ?

Headshot wrote: »
    By who ?

If i said. surely i'd get banned. The likes of yourself and Flah etc are grand and make great points.

But there's some absolute muppets who take the p!ss and try to f*ck up threads out of enjoyment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If i said. surely i'd get banned. The likes of yourself and Flah etc are grand and make great points.

But there's some absolute muppets who take the p!ss and try to f*ck up threads out of enjoyment.

And your contribution is immaculate.
    A role model to all posters in the soccer forum.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Out before it gets too personal.

Both superthreads have their trolls tbh.

It'll be quiet tomorrow on ours thank God! ;)

Onwards and upwards. We've had a sh*te season and are getting our respect back.

I prefer the slagging than the pity we got under Hodgson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

BOOM!'! The DVD jibe! I love it That's all that was missing!! When that's all that's left, it's game over!!

Love it!!

And your contribution is immaculate.
    A role model to all posters in the soccer forum.

Well done.

Thank you! Thank you very much!!

Wait a minute, are you being sarcastic??? :pac:

The spanking dished out to your team by Liverpool has hit you hard!!! I don't blame you!

lol:pac:

One of the funnier posts I've read today.

Brilliant.

:pac::pac::pac: I know. I'm so funny!!!!! :pac::pac:

Thank you! Thank you very much!!

Wait a minute, are you being sarcastic??? :pac:

The spanking dished out to your team by Liverpool has hit you hard!!! I don't blame you!

Yep that's it, your right, nail on the head.

I was being sarcastic;)

:pac::pac::pac: I know. I'm so funny!!!!! :pac::pac:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yep that's it, your right, nail on the head.

I was being sarcastic;)

:rolleyes:

Superb!! :pac: Look, accept your spanking! You's were given one. Move on to your next match.

You never know, the total football that wiped the floor with you's on Sunday may not be replicated, so you's could still win the league, maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

i was having a lot of trouble with my stream earlier so i had the sky sports live commentary open,

it provided me with this gem,

"nani appears to be in tears"

never has a sentence on a computer screen made me laugh so much, it was stunning,
    the lad i was watching it with was an obviously disapointed united fan (Disappointed due to the drubbing in case you were wondering), and it even drew a wry smile from him,

i do not care if he got a nick on his leeg, Nani can cry me a river, but i wll thank him quietly for providing me with that moment, so, Nani, i applaud your being a massive girl :D

Superb!! :pac: Look, accept your spanking! You's were given one. Move on to your next match.

You never know, the total football that wiped the floor with you's on Sunday may not be replicated, so you's could still win the league, maybe!

I did accept defeat.

Liverpool were the better side and good value for their win, and good luck to you in the future. Hope to see you in the champions league soon because I'd love to play ye in Europe. Would be an epic battle.

I only had issue with certain bouts of smugness directed at my wonderful club:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I'd say the combination of the incredible error and knowing he couldn't stay on the field to redeem himself was all too much for Nani when he started bawling.

Who knows,maybe this could be his "Beckham" moment :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Congrats to Liverpool, ye certainly deserved to win today.

Not so sure about all the gloating going on in here though and why all the Liverpool fans are so excited when they are sitting in 6th place. We have no midfield, played shyte away from home all season and have been poor in general. Yet we're still top of the Prem.

Also a lot of shyte being spewed at Nani. He's has had a tremendous season and probably in contention for POTY. Plus he's a lot closer to getting his 3rd Prem medal than Steven Gerrard is to getting his first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

whats it like winning a premierleague game?
    same question again but replace game with title?

I'd imagine it was the same as winning a Division 1 title before Sky apparently invented football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

I'd imagine it was the same as winning a Division 1 title before Sky apparently invented football.
    How dare you. Before super duper fantastic wonderful amazing super Sunday football and SkyTV football did'nt exsist and was played by savages with a goats stomach don't you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Carragher should be jailed never mind banned for that. Horrble individidual of a person. Anyone justiyfing the tackle should go in there with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

FatherTed wrote: »
    Also a lot of shyte being spewed at Nani. He's has had a tremendous season and probably in contention for POTY. Plus he's a lot closer to getting his 3rd Prem medal than Steven Gerrard is to getting his first.

What has any of that got to do with him crying and falling around the place like bambi on ice?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I wonder will there be a media witch hunt to get Carragher banned like there was for Rooney last week... Will there ****! Rodriguez tried to do Rafael before Rafael's tackle on Skertel too. Rafael's tackle deserved a yellow, but at least he got the ball and went for the ball.

Liverpool deserved their victory and well done to them.

Melion wrote: »
    What has any of that got to do with him crying and falling around the place like bambi on ice?

Did you see Nani's leg after Carragher's challenge? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cournioni wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a media witch hunt to get Carragher banned like there was for Rooney last week... Will there ****! Rodriguez tried to do Rafael before Rafael's tackle on Skertel too. Rafael's tackle deserved a yellow, but at least he got the ball and went for the ball.

Liverpool deserved their victory and well done to them.

Carragher went for the ball too, he didnt get it and got Nani instead. He apologized for the tackle, why can United fans just let it go?

Did you see Nani's leg after Carragher's challenge? :rolleyes:

Ive seen the pictures, just like you no doubt. I asked what has yesterdays tackle got to do with him getting close to winning another premiership medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Carragher should be jailed never mind banned for that. Horrble individidual of a person. Anyone justiyfing the tackle should go in there with him.

Splendid, reasoned and non reactionary posting is back....

'Im so morally outraged by the acts of another human being that I demand retribution outside the the parameters of normal punishment'

'Any other person disagreeing with my opinion should also be vilified as an un fit member of a free thinking society'

Can someone just liken carragher to a nazi so we can truly finish this thread of in style... Oooh! maybe at post 2000

Carragher went for the ball too, he didnt get it and got Nani instead. He apologized for the tackle, why can United fans just let it go?

Hes f***in a worse player than I thought if he went for the ball. Apologys from a horrible individual like that mean f*** all. Lesser assualt on the street have gotten jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

As an Arsenal fan, great result. Entertaining game, but this thread has it beat hands down. Super stuff.

101001 wrote: »
    Splendid, reasoned and non reactionary posting is back....

'Im so morally outraged by the acts of another human being that I demand retribution outside the the parameters of normal punishment'

'Any other person disagreeing with my opinion should also be vilified as an un fit member of a free thinking society'

Can someone just liken carragher to a nazi so we can truly finish this thread of in style... Oooh! maybe at post 2000

great comeback :rolleyes:

Knee high?! Yeah, he went for the ball alright.

NlNGL.jpg

For about the 10th time in this thread, it looks bad in that picture, not quite as bad in this much clearer one though

196935_10150104775110197_615625196_6350122_1299029_n.jpg

Now run along

And not exactly "knee high" as you said

Hes f***in a worse player than I thought if he went for the ball. Apologys from a horrible individual like that mean f*** all. Lesser assualt on the street have gotten jail.

Im sure your opinion of him being a poor player will keep him awake at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If Carragher actually thought he was going to get the ball going in that high then his decline is happening a lot more swiftly than I thought.

Absolutely shocking challenge and Nani was lucky to get away without having his leg snapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

/unfollow

And not exactly "knee high" as you said

Have a word with yourself. It was knee high as it pulled the shin guard down.

Have a word with yourself. It was knee high as it pulled the shin guard down.

Where is the little gash on Nanis leg?
    Is it on his shin or his knee?

Frisbee wrote: »
    If Carragher actually thought he was going to get the ball going in that high then his decline is happening a lot more swiftly than I thought.

Absolutely shocking challenge and Nani was lucky to get away without having his leg snapped.

I hate to go back to it but Rafaels tackle was much higher and he got away with just a yellow. He was off the ground with 2 feet raised, if Lucas hadnt jumped he would have got studs straight into the bollóx

Where is the little gash on Nanis leg?
    Is it on his shin or his knee?

Are you trying to tell me Carraghers studs went through Nani's shin guard?

I hate to go back to it but Rafaels tackle was much higher and he got away with just a yellow. He was off the ground with 2 feet raised, if Lucas hadnt jumped he would have got studs straight into the bollóx
    Yeah, just after Rodriguez went in with the studs pointed at Rafael's knee. At least Rafael got the ball.

Yeah, just after Rodriguez went in with the studs pointed at Rafael's knee. At least Rafael got the ball.

So because Maxi hit Rafael that justified his lunge at Lucas?
    Good to see there is no point in talking to you any further about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If Rafeal has have missed the ball that was a red card all day. The fact that he got the ball and Lucas managed to avoid being clattered is what saved him from getting a red.

Carragher didn't get the ball and nearly broke Nani's shin in two.

• Advertisement

So because Maxi hit Rafael that justified his lunge at Lucas?
    Good to see there is no point in talking to you any further about this.
    Whats the difference between Carragher and Rodriguez's tackle to Rafaels tackle?

Rafael went for and got the ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement