Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Title Too Long.

• 05-03-2011 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Alright so the title is way too long to put there so Ill stick with that.

Anyway I got myself a Strike Systems 40x1 dot sight for my guns, I put it on and noticed that the front Iron sight on my CA M15A4 blocks the dot,

Anyone got tips on removal? I would greatly appreciate help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you remove the front sight your hand gaurd will fall off! you need to replace it with something like this
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/element-ex130a-rail-block-style-black-p-2877.html

to remove your existing one there are 2 pins and a grub screw, the grub screw is located under the sling ring, the pins go in from the side, you cant miss them just hammer them out with a hammer and screwdriver/thin drift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Alternatively you could get a scope riser? Or if you have a carry handle you could get a carry handle rail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

I'd leave the front iron sight on, and add a flip back sight, If you lose the dot you have irons you can return to irons quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭12 gauge

get a cantalever scope arm, theyre cheap enough

12 gauge wrote: »
    get a cantalever scope arm, theyre cheap enough
    That wont really make much difference 12guage, unless its higher, they tend to be the same height as L mounts and wilcox style though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Hacksaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭GarethQ

Hacksaw?

Without destroying my AEG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

I'm not sure how to remove but my friend had the same problem and he took off his front sight and then put it on upside down, sounds a bit stupid but worked for him

I think he may have flipped the barrell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

not the barrel he just took out the two pins in the triangle sight and flipped it upside down and then put the pins back in

• Advertisement

Well remove the pins and it slides off so yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Your options are:
    Change to a RIS gas block and use flip-up irons - looks quite nice, and is still functional.

Use a scope riser and high mounts - looks somewhat ridiculous and puts your eyes/head at an awkward angle.

Or be uber gucci and dremel the top of the sight off and paint it tan!:P

Honestly, ive never had a problem using a red dot that is partly covered by the front sight... Infact its useful when the dot dies (happens when you least need it, or the sun is too bright to see it) When shooting with two eyes open, its not much of a visible obstruction. But its personal taste.

As Lefty rightly said, you can cut it, swap it, or rise above it! sticking the red dot on a carry handle top mount is a good option, but be careful raising it, as too high, and you will shoot bellow targets at a certain distance... meaning you can hit cover, or obstructions.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Your options are:
    Change to a RIS gas block and use flip-up irons - looks quite nice, and is still functional.

Well, My battery lives in the back, can you link me a guide to that there, might be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

GarethQ wrote: »
    Well, My battery lives in the back, can you link me a guide to that there, might be a good idea.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71006240&postcount=2

Advertisement