Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for visa with the dismiss probation act

Options
  • 05-03-2011 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am applying for a teaching job in south korea, and I have the dismiss probation act 1(1) hanging over me, in co-realation to the misuse of drugs act, will this affect my application? It's from a festival in 2007, just a query, if anyone knows? Its not a conviction will this make any difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I am applying for a teaching job in south korea, and I have the dismiss probation act 1(1) hanging over me, in co-realation to the misuse of drugs act, will this affect my application? It's from a festival in 2007, just a query, if anyone knows? Its not a conviction will this make any difference?

it's legal advice, no one can really help you except a legal expert.

it's unlikely any boardsies will have the experience of applying for a korean visa who have been given the benefit of the probation act for a drugs offence committed 4 years ago. It's a bit of a long-shot.

I always say "go for it". Only answer the questions you're asked about on the visa application. You will also get info on who is eligible for visas on the korean immigration website.

Advertisement