Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pic from my sever

• 05-03-2011 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Thought i would put a pic of my sever, myself and ondafly have been working on it over the last few night but really got stuck in tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That is awesome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Thought i would put a pic of my sever, myself and ondafly have been working on it over the last few night but really got stuck in tonight.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58434593@N05/5497923305/

stick with it man. this is how tallon and i started on the server we have now. the first one was just us 2 plebs not knowing about the give command thinking we were great because we were building together. and sure look at what we have going now.

start a thread here if you would like people to join. but i wouldnt recommend it if you dont have a whitelist system set up.

tl;dr?

looking good keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Cheers Guys,
    We are still learning the roles so i think it will be a while before we open the sever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

doh ! now I'm embarrassed - I went on Tallon's server last night, and was blown away by the work you lads of done. Like Dre says, we're learning the ropes still !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

ondafly wrote: »
    doh ! now I'm embarrassed - I went on Tallon's server last night, and was blown away by the work you lads of done. Like Dre says, we're learning the ropes still !

Don't worry too much, its always like that at first, then inspiration hits you, then all of a sudden you've spent a day making a masterpiece :P

• Advertisement

Todays update have the outside of the castle finished. So we decide it was time to start on the inside.
    Three Floors of fun fun fun. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

OSX FTW.

What settings do you use re: fog/smoothing etc?
    I have to have the render distance on the second lowest and smoothing off as it'll run quickly slowly otherwise (and the fan is in over-drive) - dunno whether it's cos it doesn't play nicely with Macs or cos mine is an 06 Macbook model and is struggling with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Cossax wrote: »
    OSX FTW.

What settings do you use re: fog/smoothing etc?

The server is actually running on a dell precision m90 - the clients are all OSX. I'm mixing between a C2D Mac Mini and a 11' Macbook Air; both are using "Fast graphics / Normal rendering"

I think though, from the pics, Dre might have turned the graphics to full.

The graphics are sent to the same as Ondafly's. All i did before taking the pics was to turn off fog.

Advertisement